Sign in to follow this  

Anybody anticipating...

Do you guys/gals think that a force-feedback yoke is in the works? I think it would be useful to help get acquainted with the use of trim in a more realistic manner. Any thoughts on this subject and FS2002?ThanksRobbie

Hi Robbie, I have thought about that many times and wondered why CH Products hasnt released one yet. I dont know, maybe they are working on one as we speak. I dont think FF is something they are really interested in, but who knows. I have had many thoughts of making a FF yoke for myself, but I am just not inclined in that area. I would pay decent money for a good one though.Craig

FF-yoke is not enough if software implementation of FF is poor too (current situation). I am afraid no FF-yoke is even in the planning stage for many reasons (market, cost, etc) but one of the reasons, I am afraid, is the one I stated above. Michael J.

If I purchase one of these new FF joysticks, can you turn off the FF and use it like a regular stick?

Guest Eagle92395

A FF Yoke would be great!... GO BUCKS!!

Guest GabrielR

Yes, you can, but in that case why would you be paying so much money?

I was looking at the Logitech FF stick. I have their Wingman Extreme stick which is super. I would replace it with the FF model and use the Wingman Extreme for my laptop running FS2000 at work. Yes, I am that addicted. Anway, I could use the FF model to help with trim and combat flight sim models and turn it off for the heavies. Is there a performance hit when FF is turned on in terms of Frames per second?

MichaelThe Famous Captain Slarty teamed up with a manufacturer some months back to develop and market a true trim forcefeedback unit.I believe it will read code written for specific aircraft from the air file.I believe the cost is going to be in the $500 - $700 rangePeter

Wow, that's a bit heavy on the pocketbook!Do you know whether or not using FF hurts overall performance in terms of frames per second?

Do what I did and go to www.flypfc.com and buy there Jetliner Yoke. With the rudder pedals it cost's 695.00 dollars but well worht it.

Eric 

Peter,Did you say Captain Slarty ? :-lol :-lolMichael J.

If you are serious about buying a Logitech FF stick, be on the lookout for the Wingman Strike Force 3D. I believe it's their newest model. Apart from the twisting handle (rudder), throttle, *two* hat switches and miscelaneous other buttons, it has a mouse-wheel type control on the base-works well for trimming! If you're running XP, you will need to d/l the drivers from their website.On the other hand, both the build quality and the force feedback doesn't feel as good as my previous MS SideWinder FF 1...which has some kind of incompatibility with my new MoBo (gameport). But it is cheaper than the MS sticks...

MichaelYes, I did :-) he is actually a very clever guy and was talking to us at RealAir Simulations about writing code for the trim feedback.Trim force feed back isnt that complicated to achieve, I ought to see where hes at with itPeter