Sign in to follow this  
Guest pellelil

Problem with 747-400x Options under Vista64?

Guest pellelil

The DLL.XML seems to be a culpit to many problems, but I've just checked mine and as far as i can tell there is no problem in my DLL.XML file (nor have I installed any Wilco-products). All changes I make within Add-on -> PMDG -> Options are not saved (e.g. I tried to change if from LBS to KG). I don't get any error message, however when I re-open the Options screen LBS remains selected (and the upper EICAS keeps reporting TOTAL FUEL in LBS).If I manually change the setting in 747400gauges.ini ([Display] WeightInKGs=1) I am able to change it into KG (when I open the Options screen it now says KG and when I "save it" the EICAS screen is updated to KG as well).As far as I can tell the "new" security Vista(64) is preventing the PMDG-settings screen to commit any changes to the 747400gauges.ini file !?[link:fs2crew.com]http://fs2crew.com/betateam.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

>As far as I can tell the "new" security Vista(64) is>preventing the PMDG-settings screen to commit any changes to>the 747400gauges.ini file !?>Pelle F. S. LiljendalYou can confirm your suspicion by turning UAC off. Open Control Panel and type "UAC" in the search box. Click on the "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off" selection. A reboot will be required.If you're not willing to do that, you'll need to give your FSX folder additional permissions.When you install FSX on Vista, it should not be installed in the Program Files directory for this very reason.Regards,Jim Karn

The Level D 767-300ER had exactly the same problem with the file menu for Vista users, nothing saved. I was told to check B767-300.ini but their wasn`t one. They all swore blind their was one but it turns out Vista will not create it, but once one is there it uses it ok and the file menu options are saved. I`ve tried asking if theirs a file like this in XP for the PMDG 747, so we can once again emulate it in Vista. It only needs one to be copied and placed wherever the XP version is. I`m sure this would resolve the problem.Reider

Guest pellelil

I have UAC enabled and I don't doubt this is the reason for this problem, however so far only the PMDG Options is having this problem (changes I make in FSUIPC's or Level-D's options are saved/retrieved as they should). [link:fs2crew.com]http://fs2crew.com/betateam.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

Pelle-no doubt Pete had issues with FSUIPC early in the day on this exact problem - I'll get some details from him and come back to you on this, but for now - see if you can't enable write permissions on the PMDG folder (and subfolders) and see if that helps.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg