Sign in to follow this  
Guest 744nut

Paintkit 400X

Guest 744nut

Hello,I could not find anything using the search function, so here is my question: Can the paintkit of the B744_FS9 be used for the B744_FSX? If not can we expect a release of the new PK soon?regardsTon

Guest 744nut

Probably a VERY DIFFICULT answer :)

I posted twice myself and haven't gotten an answer yet either, which I find strange. What's up PMDG group?Is this there a paintkit or not, will there be a paintkit?I want to paint a Kalitta Air B747-400. Ed Grabel

Use the FS9 paintkit, it works just fine. I repainted both of them allready. The paint kits are great stuff.With FSX you can share some of the textures. So what I did was download a pax and a freighter skin for FSX and install them, then made copies of those folders and renamed them to what my textures are called.The I use DXTBMP to load the DDS files and send them to Photoshop. Make you new textures and paste them into the DDS you sent in, merge the layers and save it back to DXTBMP to save back as a DDS.WHen done go in and add your plane to aircraft.cfg.Bob ArtimNorth Eastern Airlineswww.vneair.com

I think it is worth repeating this inquiry: will a paint kit targeting the 747-400X be available sometime soon?Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Thanks Bob for the reply.More than I can say for the PMDG guys............Anyway I am with Jeff and am looking forward to a FSX Paintkit.I will give your suggestion a try and see what happens.Ed

fyi, there is a neat nVidia plugin for Photoshop to open and save DDS files, even batch processing is possible. You'll have to search the vVidia site for it, long time ago since i downloaded it.Regards, Gerrit Kranenbarg

Actually I dont beleive you need an FSX paintkit. The textures appear to be the same for both sims.Bob Artim

Guest 744nut

>Actually I dont beleive you need an FSX paintkit. The>textures appear to be the same for both sims.>>Bob ArtimI checked both textures (FS9 and FSX) in DXTbmp and there is a difference in the fuselage texture. It is rather peculiar that PDMG is not answering this utter normal question! Something smelly??

That would really round off this whole package nicely, a paint package and thus more planes to choose from. I have downloaded what their are but a few more English ones would be very nice.Reider

Guest acv130

I just copy my FS9 textures to FSX and it worked just fine.I didn't even have to convert them to DDS. Rayen

The 400/400F paintkit was buttoned up this weekend and it should make it's appearance sometime this week.

Guest Marc Harrington

It's now available at the PMDG homepage.

Guest Coco

Thanks for the info Marc.Heinz S.