Sign in to follow this  
FOD

FSX -400F Engines Will Not Start!

To date I have been unable to start the FSX 400F from C&D. I have checked my switches many times, re-installed and tried several diferent options from full C&D to closing down just one engine whilst at the gate and then attempting a restart.It appears that when the starter switch is pulled the valve feeding bleed air into the engine does not open - even with 30+ bleed air in the duct, when I pull the starter the light does not come on, there is no airflow shown on the ECS page of the lower EICAS and no engine rotation.Note this only applies to the 400F - the 400 pax is fine and follows the procedures in the manuals exactly.I have tried PM Ops and a search here with no luck so very grateful for any help on where I am going wrong.John Rooum

What position is your AUTOSTART switch in?If it is selected ON, you need to pull the start switch AND lift the associated fuel cutoff lever. The Autostart system then controls the start valve, the fuel valves and ignition at the appropriate times.Hope this helps.CheersQ> イアン

Q,Thanks but I am following that procedure - Autostart is on, fuel cut off on, pull the start switch. The procedure works for the pax version but not the 400F. I have just checked again and it ios quite clear that the fuel valve opens but, for some reason, the start valve is not opening to allow bleed air to turn the starter motor.I assume that you can start the FSX freighter OK - is that correct?John R

Is the APU on and is the APU BLEED engaged? Further, are the ENGINE BLEEDS on as well?Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

"I assume that you can start the FSX freighter OK - is that correct?"Sorry, John.. I don't have FSX... Good luck!Cheers.Q> イアンP.S. Any chance of a screenshot of your overhead panel?

Guest Ray_CYYZ

The way you are describing the button action, it sounds like your engine bleed value is in the off position or one of your isolate values is open. The position of autostart and your fuel cutoff values will not affect the starter lighting up when pulled.Ray

Ray et al,Very many thanks for all your helpI looked more closely at the C&D set ups for the pax and F versions and saw there were differences between the two - in both initial switch positions and the way the sounds are played. Guess this confused me in following the checks as when I did a repair of the installation and then set up my own 400F C&D flight {as per the pax version} everything worked as advertised - auto and manual starts on the ground plus the various relights in the air.In the end probably some finger trouble on my part as well but a good learning exercise.John R