Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Can't... Open... Doors...

Hi,I remain baffled concerning the doors on the Cargo model, I have set key strokes (not used by FS) and nothing happens. As a caveat, I have the panel properly configured (external or APU power on available but not engaged).Is there some other trick to this?Thank you,Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Have...you....read...the...manual???you NEED the ground bus working, and one of the ways to set this to active is to have APU Generator 1 ACTIVE, not just available.Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I... have... read... the... manual...I have EXT PWR 2 or APU PWR @ avail and still no doors.I have mapped "Cargo Doors All" to CTRL + `and I have mapped "Cargo Door Nose" to SHIFT + `still not working.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Have you actually turned ON the EXT PWR? (I can't remember if it's 1 or 2 - so try each one in succession and see).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi lefteris,A suggestion from you and another user in another thread held the secrets. 1) My CTRL + ` key combo just didn't work, but the suggested TAB + (any key) did work.2) Your suggestion to have APU PWR1 on also seemed to finally do the trick. (edit: this is of course in addition to having APU PWR 2 or EXT PWR 2 showing as AVAIL - this is still a requirement as per the manual. Also, Lefteris, just as a note for your next installer, the 13th Chapter, "747 400 F differences" doesn't get installed as a link in the programs menu. Some users who wouldn't know to look in the root FSX directory would likely miss this important chapter).I am leaning towards tip #1 as the solution for me though.Thanks for the support. :-)Jeff

Jeff Bea