Sign in to follow this  
golli

Does FS Passengers go nicely with the Queen??

Good day simmers.I'm wandering if there are any here that use FsP with the PMDG 747??The reason why I ask is: the instructions that come with FsP for loading the plane with PAX and cargo are to completely empty the plane in the PMDG load utility and use the FsP one to load her!!??Does that not influence some bad behavior i.e. mess with the lovely flight dynamics that PMDG made??Secondly: Can some FsP sounds be unchecked like GPWS?? I'd rather use the PMDG ones, and only use FsP sounds that relate to the cabin, like music after landing, screaming and, F/A announcements etc. etc. And disable any sounds that might interfeere with FS2Crew.In short, are there any 747 flyers here that also use FS Passengers and FS2Crew, with good results??Golli.

When I flew the PAX version I loaded it through fspassengers without any problems. If your flying the Freight version (which I do) It's best to disable the load editor in fspax. I created my own custom 744F config in fspax but when I load it to max it has no effect on the PMDG aircraft so I use there load editor. As far GPWS and callout's Just disable fspax GPWS and I also disable fspax vspeed callouts since the PMDG callouts are read directly from the CDURob

Rob Prest

Guest SilverCircle

>I'm wandering if there are any here that use FsP with the PMDG>747??Yes, probably lots of...>The reason why I ask is: the instructions that come with FsP>for loading the plane with PAX and cargo are to completely>empty the plane in the PMDG load utility and use the FsP one>to load her!!??>Does that not influence some bad behavior i.e. mess with the>lovely flight dynamics that PMDG made??Actually, you CAN load the cargo and pax with FSPAX, but you have to ensure that you are using a proper payload model.Like a real world plane would do, the pmdg queen doesn't like a "wrong" CoG (this will result in all sort of troubles, including slight bouncing in cruise, because of balance/trim issues).I've done my own payload model and when using it, it results in exactly the same CoG than loading with the PMDG load manager. You can probably find a payload model for the PMDG queen at the fspax website, but you should definitely not use the default 747-400 payload model.You should however NOT load fuel with FSPAX. The procedure I'am using is to load fuel with the PMDG options dialog, then load the pax with FSPAX and NOT touch the fuel sliders at all. Using the fspax fuel sliders may very well upset the fuel system...>Secondly: Can some FsP sounds be unchecked like GPWS?? I'd>rather use the PMDG ones, and only use FsP sounds that relate>to the cabin, like music after landing, screaming and, F/A>announcements etc. etc. And disable any sounds that might>interfeere with FS2Crew.Yes, you can disable most of the sounds by just setting the volume to 0 in FSPAX config.>In short, are there any 747 flyers here that also use FS>Passengers and FS2Crew, with good results??Yes. It can be done and works fine.

Guest Mower

Will FSP run with FSX? Or is there a new version for FSX in the offing?

Guest SilverCircle

>Will FSP run with FSX? Or is there a new version for FSX in>the offing?The current version does not work in FSX. However, the developer is working on FSX compatible FSPax - check out their forum for more info about this. AFAIK, it's still work in progress.