Sign in to follow this  
mccoy007

744X autobreak prob??

I fly the update version of 744X, but every time when I land my plane, I find autobreak doesn't work, even I selected it to 2 or 3 position, it will automatic swich to disarm postion as soon as the main gears touch down.I am using CH Pro Pedals with Hotas Cougar joystick, so I wonder if this is caused by my CH pedals coordinate with FSX or it is a bug from 744X?

Nameless,Calibrate your pedals including null zone.Vangelis===================================== E. M. V. Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Hi, I have the same problem, in fact, my problem is even worse.After the 744X touched down, the autobreak doesn't work and it doesn't turn to disarm neither. I still see autobreak 1 on the EICS after I touched down, and no auto breaking action at all.. ALSO, the auto spoilers doesn't work as well, as if 744X doesn't realize that it has touched down...Ben

Ben and Nameless-I've run tests on the autobrake in all five settings and found no issues. In each of the tests the spoilers worked as advertised as well too...My hardware is correctly calibrated....I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Maybe if you keep your feet away from the pedals, you won't get the defect your reporting?It works okay for me. As has been said, check your 'null' zones not only in the assignments but also in your hardware settings too. If you have done all that, there is no reason why it shouldn't work assuming the hydraulic pumps ARE working?We are assuming of course, your actually using reverse thrust to stop? That's the only time you will see the spoilers deploy.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I don't think this is caused by hardware, because I don't have this issue when I fly the older versionn of 744X with the same hardware I use right now.Regards,James

Well I have the same issue. I have tried feet on the pedals, off the pedals, pedals disconnected and still get the same results. 99% of the time they don't deploy and then every now and then they do.Yes I do use reverse thrust as well. I even wait for a short time after the nose wheel touches down and no better result. The NULL zone on my pedals is huge and it makes no difference.I am using FS 2008 Global land class under FSX and Vista. I wonder if this has anything to do with it although my program I wrote using SimConnect says that the plane is definitely on the ground.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

John, the NULL zone needs setting to zero.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I have tried everything from zero to 1/2 way along the axis. I have looked at the raw data to see if there are any spikes but nothing. The auto brakes do not deploy and just sit there 99% of the time with the message Autobrake x until I manually hit the brakes and then they just go straight to disarm. About 1% of the time it does work. With the FS9 version with the same setup it worked 100% of the time. Only difference is that that it is the new 744X, FSX, and I have FS 2008 Global installed. Otherwise it is stock standard as compared to FS9.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Ben-what was it?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

"We are assuming of course, your actually using reverse thrust to stop? That's the only time you will see the spoilers deploy"Speedbrakes do not need reversers for autodeployment (unless you are doing an RTO and forget to deploy them manually).Cheers.Q> イアン