Sign in to follow this  
Carolus39

Can't get VOR arrow in ND dislpay (FS9 version)

Hello PilotsIs there anyone who knows why I do not get to see the green Vor arrow in the ND display.I have switched the button on the EFIS to VOR L ( in this case). Of course I have entered the VOR freq.Even when I select a full rose there is nothing to see.When I do the same in the FSX version, than it is OK. Starts at KSEA RWY 34R VOR freq= 116.80, make round trip over the airport, so I have to see the VOR arrow.Is it not simulated in the FS9 version????Carlos Oosterling

Guest SilverCircle

> Starts at KSEA RWY 34R VOR freq= 116.80, make round trip>over the airport, so I have to see the VOR arrow.>>Is it not simulated in the FS9 version????>>Carlos OosterlingBy any chance, do you have FSInn/FSCopilot installed?If yes - it's a known problem and there is no 100% working solution for this issue. Just search the PMDG subforum here and it may show you a few threads regarding that problem.The VOR needles and course lines are working fine in the FS9 version, but for some reason, FSCopilot makes them go berserk.The presence of FSCopilot.dll in your modules folder alone can trigger this issue - but sometimes it works and only happens when you launch the fsinn control panel.

Hello,Yes I have FSinn & Copilot installed but don't use it with FS9. I use Squawkbox for Vatsim.I will uninstall it and see what happens.Thanks for the helpCarlos

Carlos-various users have reported that disabling the radio handling inside FSInn/FSCopilot solves the issue. I am not privy to FSInn/FSCopilot sources and/or details, but this might help.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hello,I have already uninstalled the FSInn & Copilot and now it works fine.I didn't use the two programs anyway, and I'm waiting for Squawkbox4 to arrive. Thanks for the hint.Carlos

Guest SilverCircle

>Hello,>>Yes I have FSinn & Copilot installed but don't use it with>FS9. I use Squawkbox for Vatsim.>I will uninstall it and see what happens.No need to fully uninstall it. In fact, it is sufficient to remove the FSCopilot.dll from the FS9 modules folder - you can, if you wish, backup it to some safe location. If you later want to reactivate FSCopilot, you just need to copy that dll back into modules (of course, you can only fiddle with files in modules when FS9 is NOT running).Like Lefteris already said, some people had success when deactivating certain "add on modules" (esp. the radio module) of FSCopilot (you can do this from within FS using the FSCopilot->Settings menu entry).However, I tried a lot of things and found no 100% working and safe solution. I disabled ALL FSCopilot modules except the bare minimum to run the control panel - that worked, sort of, the VOR needles did not disappear until I actually launched the FSCP control panel in order to connect to VATSIM. Then, same problem.There was also a tip to remove (backup) all the optional .ocx files from the fscopilot directory - that also partially works but whenever the control panel does something (connecting to vatsim, updating weather etc.) the problem with the VOR needles reappeared.I've given up on that and I'am now using SB3 for my online flights. It's a strange problem and there isn't much hope for a solution.

Hello AlexI didn't use those add ons, so I just uninstalled them and now the VOR arrow shows in the ND.I uninstalled them why I had started the B744 already so I didn't had nay navigation sounds.Hope this will be ok when I start the next time. I wait for SB4 for FSX to come out. Still using SB3 for FS9 on Vatsim.FSInn is a nice looking add on, but there are to many bugs for me to handle.At least this is what I have learned from the forums.Thanks anyway for the help.Carlos

Good Day I know these replies are from 2007, but I just installedPMDG 747 for FS9.1 (Nov 2008) and the Grenn VOR needles do not work most of the time and I have never installed FSNN or FSCopilot. So there is something else going on that is not directly the fault of FSNN and or FSCopilotDale Schilf

Hello David,Better to late than never as they say.Thanks for the reply.Since I had a huge crash on my PC and had to upgrade the MB, Video, etc, I didn't went back to FS9.I use FSX now all the time.Get to get accustom to it, but I think it is better to use only one version of FS9.This is of course a very personal decision.Anyhow thanks for taken the time to respond.Regards,Carlos