Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashu

Fatal error prolem with 747X and Vista-32

Guest Ashu

Hi, I've been trying to make the newly purchased 747X work with my window vista-32 system. Although I haven't been getting any OOM, but sometimes during the flight or even on the ground while performaing the pre-flights I get an error message saying: "A fatal error has occured"and when I got into the the details of it I get:Files that help describe the problem: C:UsersKSFASHAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfsx.CFG.txt C:UsersKSFASHAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXdxdiag.txt C:UsersKSFASHAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXscenery.cfg C:UsersKSFASHAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfdr.dat C:UsersKSFASHAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXdll.xml C:UsersKSFASHAppDataLocalTempWER34D6.tmp.version.txt C:UsersKSFASHAppDataLocalTempWER5BD8.tmp.appcompat.txt C:UsersKSFASHAppDataLocalTempWER6ED4.tmp.mdmpI'm also having problems with sound where I get no sound in the cockpit. Also in the Engines display on the EICAS the N1 gauge is overlapping ENG TEMP gauge hiding the numerical values. I haven't yet had a normal flight without this fatal error message.Can someone at PMDG help with some possible solution to this problem.My systems config:Window Vista Business 32-bit4GB dual channel RAMNvidia 8800GTXFSX Acceleration Pack with SP1 installed.Khurrum

You could delete the fsx.cfg and open FSX again, to let it build a new one, open a flight/airport then quit to complete the build. Then restart FSX and check it out. However, whilst you state you have SP1 and Acceleration, that means you also have SP2... If you didn`t do a clean install of them all then that might present some problems with third party aircraft.I have the 747, the Level D 767 and Acceleration working in Vista 32 bit on FSX with 2 gig ram on a 3800 Dual Core. The FPS is pretty good, the graphics are brilliant and the whole shebang runs as smooth as something thats very smooth! ;) Reider

Guest Ashu

I have not done any seperate installation for SP2 I thought it came along the Acceleration Pack. Following is are the add-ons and the installation sequence I have followed:FSX RTMSP1FSX Acceleration PackFSUIPC 4.2PMDG 747-400XAs you have suggested in your post I will now delete the fsx.cfg and run FSX again and see how that works.Khurrum

Guest Ashu

I just did a test with deleting the fsx.cfg file but the problem persists. Still waiting on someone at PMDG to look into this problem I'm having. Khurrum

Khurrum-your report unfortunately does not describe the problem - however, the OOM error does not always manifest itself with a popup message box - sometimes, you simply get what you described... "a fatal error has occured".If you get a detailed report of what the fatal error is (you might be seeing it in the Event Viewer, under the "Application" category), by all means post it here, but from what you're saying I'll have to suggest it's an out of memory issue.Have you followed Phil Taylor's blog suggestions about increasing "visible" memory to 3 gigabytes in Vista? That should help. Also, move the traffic and autogen sliders full left (to none) and test if that helps you (traffic and autogen are the biggest problems with memory fragmentation).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Ashu

Lefteris,I have installed the KB 940105 hotfix update, I haven't followed any other manual process to increase the "visible" memory. In addition to this error message I've mentioned in my earlier post I'm also having problem with my sound and the guages are overlapped like I've mentioned earlier. Following are the details of my latest fatat error message I got, I have lots of others in my even viewer. Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 11/17/2007 12:44:46 AMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: KSFASH-83Description:Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0, time stamp 0x46fadb14, faulting module PMDGSounds.dll, version 10.0.61355.17, time stamp 0x472b3959, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00001fec, process id 0xe60, application start time 0x01c8288630714dc5.Event Xml:100021000x800000000000008609ApplicationKSFASH-83fsx.exe10.0.61637.046fadb14PMDGSounds.dll10.0.61355.17472b3959c000000500001fece6001c8288630714dc5Please let me know if I can provide you with some more details to help me out fix these problems, I haven't yet had a flight without this fatal error.Khurrum

Khurrum-a couple suggestions for you:a) Edit your fsx.cfg and delete all entries under the [Trusted] section. This should mean that next time you start FSX, you should get three security popup message boxes that ask you to trust the PMDG DLLs. Say "yes" to those.:( Check your sound drivers (and let me know what sound card you're using). I know that under Vista, there were issues with the Creative cards' older drivers, so make sure you update to the latest versions.Let me know.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Ashu

Lefteris,I deleted all entries under the [Trusted] section in my fsx.cfg file and started FSX, but it did not aks me to turst the PMDG DLLs. Do I have to select the PMDG 747X from the select aircraft menu and then comes the 'trust the PMDG DLLs' part or you think I'm doing something wrong.As far as a sound card is concerned I am not using any at the moment, just using the onboard build-in sound on my motherboard(D975XBX2). Do I still need to update the drivers.Thanks,Khurrum

Guest Ashu

Lefteris,Even after selecting the PMDG 747X from the select aircraft menu it didn't not ask me to trust the PMDG DLLs.Khurrum

Khurrum-Please uninstall the 747-400X and reinstall it. I think you're having issues with how it was installed.Also, after uninstalling, make sure you (once again) delete those entries from fsx.cfg. If you want to be entirely sure also, edit your dll.xml and make sure there's no PMDG entries in there also, before reinstalling.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Ashu

Lefteris,I was in the process of doing all that you have told me to do in your last post and there came another problem. During installation on the license key page I got a message saying that I have reached the limit of the authorized installation license. As advised in that message I have contacted the support through email and am waiting for their reply. I'm not sure if you have any control over this or if you are authorized to authorize me for another or a few more instals as I might be needing them. Its funny, the more I want to be able to do a normal flight this weekend, more the chances of doing that are flying away from me. Thanks for listeningKhurrum

Guest Ashu

Lefteris,Finally, I was able install the 747X thanks to you or whoever else at PMDG authorized me for another install. But once again it did not ask me to trust the PMDG DLLs when I started the FSX for the first time after installing 747X. The ENG gauges apear overlapped the same way, and the problems persist.Khurrum

Khurrum-when you first run FSX after installing the 747X - are you perhaps running in full-screen mode? If that's the case, perhaps those security dialogs are running behind the (full screen) FS window... are you pressing any "enter" keys to continue, thus causing the default 'No' buttons to be pressed?I can't think of anything else that would be causing your setup to fail...

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Ashu

Lefteris,I'm also confused because I'm not running FSX in full-screen mode but it never asks me to trust the PMDG DLLs. After starting FSX for the first time after installation of PMDG 747X no questions to trust the DLLs are asked and when I shut down FSX and go into my fsx.cfg and dll.xml files I see all the PMDG entries present.Have no idea whats causing this and how to fix it.Khurrum