Sign in to follow this  
mfrantz

MD-11 panel screenshots part 1 (Main Panel)

The bmps look kind of artificial to me...Anyway, some screenshots of the VC would be appreciated.Regards,Marius

Guest andyman

Wow cool, both GE engines and PW gauges modeled.

Upon closer inspection, it seems that the runway also looks artificial. Along with the sky and the clouds. I am beginning to think that this is infact, a simulation. I shall conduct further tests to validate my hypothesis.

>Wow thats some overhead panel!:-eek It makes the 744 look>easy! JoeJoe,you'll soon learn that the MD-11's overhead panel is in fact the more easy one, as all the major systems are fully automated... As an example during a normal flight you'll never touch anything on the FUEL panel, no pump switching, all done automatically...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>But looking at the FMA, it says "CLIMB THRUST", shouldn't it>just be "CLB THRUST" or is this company preference thing?>Not that it really matters, I'm just curious =)You're correct, good thing this is Alpha only... Might be that this is reported already but not fixed yet... Thanks for the heads-up.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Markus, glad to hear the MD-11 fuel system is automated. Looking at the overhead I had visions of the Concorde with its complicated system. Joe

Hey there guys,for some reason the pics arent working for me, and neither will the PMDG website, both in FireFox and IE, any ideas? I'm using AVG, but the PMDG site isnt blocked or anything, really frustrating!!

I'm drooling looking at these pictures. Can't wait for this plane. Thanks for posting Michael.

Great pictures :)One question though : can you confirm there will be multiple views from the captain perspective ? (like the landing and approach views in the 737 NG)Thank you Deniz

This is yet another fantastic product from PMDG and one I won't miss, and through what we could read from the lucky ones who were at the AVSIM meeting, this is just a tiny portion of what is to be expected once we have the product in our hands.I would echo one comment in this thread regarding the absence of a weather radar explained several times before by the PMDG team, the philosophy for PMDG avoiding to get into this is understood. Now given the fact that several weather radar products are available on the market, and so as to give an option to the buyers (the same way FS2Crew or AES for airports operate creating add-ons for add-ons), would it be thinkable that PMDG allows one of the weather radar developers to merge their product with their plane(s)? This concept has been adopted by a few other developers when they integrated the product in theirs. In PMDG case it could be optional, at the expense of the buyer and with no support from PMDG. Thank you for listening and, eventually, considering.

I know that the main reason PMDG wouldn't make a WXR was that the FS9 and even the FSX engine didn't depict the weather information correctly. ASX is releasing SP2 sometime next year with a new WX engine and if that solves the problem and shows data correctly, maybe we would see WXRs from PMDG.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Gents-PLEASE go back and read my replies to this weather-beaten topic. There has been NO version of Flight Simulator to-date that provides information on cloud PRECIPITATION (not cloud density!) content. Weather radar beams reflect back off of water (or ice) droplets, if they are to show up in the display. If that information is missing, all the rest is an (wishful in some cases, inaccurate in many and clearly way wrong in most) approximation of what SHOULD be there.We chose not to do it, so far. If ACES implement a weather model that shows cloud precipitation, be assured (since most likely, I'll be doing the coding) that we'll put it in.Clear as mud?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi LefterisCould you answer my above question please? :)I'm very curious about the different views on the MD-11. Can you confirm there will be multiple views from the captain perspective ? (like the landing and approach views in the 737 NG)Thanks ! Deniz

Deniz, No multiple views exist at this stage of development (except of the First Officer's seat view). The MD-11 main panel view is designed in a way that the 3 Display Units (PFD, ND, EAD) are large enough to be clearly readable so that no "Zoom view" as in the NG is required. But if needed, the functionality of zooming an individual DU is there, and the zoomed DU is placed so that the outside view is not obstracted. The outside view is large enough and we feel that there is no need for an "approach/landing view". This is the situation at this stage, but we will get input from our beta testers on this issue during the beta testing stage. >Hi Lefteris>>Could you answer my above question please? :)>>I'm very curious about the different views on the MD-11. Can>you confirm there will be multiple views from the captain>perspective ? (like the landing and approach views in the 737>NG)>>Thanks ! >>Deniz

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg