Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

Change behaviour of Load Manager

Is it please possible to change the behaviour of the load manager to respect the selection of the weight in PMDG Options?At present it defaults to Lbs even though the sim is set for Kg so sometimes when I forget I get caught short.Or maybe save the selection somewhere.Have also noticed that always start a new flight with how much was left over from the previous flight and not how much the saved file says and forced to run the load manager each time.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

John-Go into PMDG/OPTIONS/VARIOUS and select the weight to KGS. Then CLOSE PMDG OPTIONS...Next time you go in- the fuel selection will be in KGS too!We designed this airplane to keep track of how much fuel is onboard, in accordance with real world operations. Many of our partners at various VA's wanted the airplane to maintain a static state, so having the fuel quantity maintained between startup and shutdown was part of that process.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert,The PMDG/OPTIONS/VARIOUS menu, is this from the FS9 menu bar?I currently have mine set to kgs but the Load Manager defaults to lbs and the fuel I set in the Load Manager is never seem to be set on the aircraft. So when I select the 747 in FS9, I then have to set the fuel I'd like using the PMDG menu in FS9.Anything I can tinker with to make this work as it should?Kirk Mayers

FSX works like that, but the FS9 isn't able to. The load manager changes the cfg file that is read by FS9 on aircraft startup (load). Any changes to the cfg file after load do not make a change to the loaded aircraft. The only way to change the fuel load once the aircraft is loaded is with the PMDG options menu.I think that was your question.

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay I understand the rational behind the shutdown and startup fuel.I do have my options set as KGS and while the 744X itself displays the fuel in KG's the Load Manager still insists on having the default as LBS and I have to manually select KGS. If I forget then of course I only have 1/2 the amount of fuel I expected and once ran out 6nm from the airport (thought I would see if these birds can glide or not. NOT!)The fuel adjustment inside the options changes to KGS okay, just not the Load Manager.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Ok, I figured out what the problem was.The Load Manager does work as advertised. If I set a particular fuel quantity, when I start FS9 and switch to the 747, the fuel is the same amount I set.My problem is that I have a panel state saved and whenever I fly, I start from that panel state which would have had a particular fuel quantity when I saved it. I'm not sure how to make my saved panel state the default panel state so that whenever I start the 747, it automatically starts with this panel state.Can I even do that?Kirk Mayers

You can save a flight as default, which will then save its panel state as well. Select desired amount of fuel before saving the flight and it should work as advertised.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg