Sign in to follow this  
jimhuk

Thrust is 747FX/Lost ATC Comms

All:I've paused my flight and am hoping someone can answer my question so I don't have to go through the list again. I've followed procedures to a t. Started my engines and have stablized, reaady for taxi. Forward thrust...nothing. It goes up on the screen so it's not my yoke. Have 25% n1 and 63% n2. What obvious thing am I missing here?Also, I can get clearance no problem, but as I sit on the tarmac unable to move I also lose ability to contact ATC for taxi clearance. FSX sp2 on Vista 64bit.

You can advance the thrust levers and nothing happens to your engines? Can you post some screenshots of what is going on..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Parking brakes? Don't mean to be offensive - I've made this mistake before.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thanks for the response guys.Attached you can see full throttle and engines running. Trust me, I'm not moving, no brakes, and the n1/n2 is not changing either. Been flying for a while and never come across this.

Guest Just747-400

Not to be rude (what

After enlarging the picture's it looks to be; Autobrake's set to 'RTE' and 'Pack's off.HE ALSO HASN'T SET HIS FLAPS FOR TAKEOFF either so, no doubt the hydraulics aren't powered up either?As for the "

Dave Taylor gb.png

No, not rude. Arrogant.In this pic the bleeds were off, but that was after trying anything to taxi. They were ON when I initially tried, and the engines, as I've pointed out, were on at the time. The red warning message in the pic is the autopilot disengage being up.I've always watched people complain in the forums about bs and understand that 90% of the time they are doing something wrong or not looking for solutions before posting. I flew the previous fs9 version of this, fly 767 fairly regularly. To the extent of some people, no: I have a life. I also spent an entire morning looking for possible solutions before posting. But between this reply and the one below it, I am always amused at how knoweldge of one silly thing like a virtual airplane can make people so freaking arrogant and cocky. It's entirely possible I've missed a step, but the way the two of you immediately go on the offensive...well, it's just funny. So don't bother trying to help because if you can't do so like an adult then I'll figure it out myself.

And you...even funnier.PS: Autobrake is supposed to be set to RTO, and the throttle didn't work with packs on or off. And the flaps are set, and the hydraulics, as you can see in the pic, are powered up. And none of these things, smart guy, would stop throttle from working when the engine's started and humming. Small di*k, matey?

Jimhuk or, whoever you really are (You must sign your post's with your real name on here as per forum rules)Both Alex and I attempted to help you with a constructive reply to your simulation problem.Both of us signed off with a freindly greeting, we did not ask to hear the curses that you decided to answer us with.In future don't ask for my help as you are truly not ready for it and with your attitude I doubt whether anyone else on here will help you either.Have a nice day.............

Dave Taylor gb.png

I understand your frustration. Sometimes I mis-read the question and offer less-than-helpful advice, too...If the thrust levers are fully advanced and the N1 is not rising then, of course, it has nothing to do with brake, bleed or hydraulic settings or procedures. However, if you aren't banned for being rude to fellow users, you will be much less likely to get help from those who can help you. Asking people if they have small d*cks (or telling them you have followed procedures when your pictures don't appear to show that) is not going to help your cause.This problem would be next-to-impossible in the real world and would have quite a few engineers scratching their heads... so I'll hand this problem over the PMDG/MSFS experts.Q> イアン (RW 744 Maintenance Engineer)

"Jimhuk"-if you want to claim rudeness or arrogance in someone else's reply, please do bother to read the forum rules PLEASE which state very clearly that you need to post using your REAL NAME.Respect goes both ways, doesn't it.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg