Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam_Hampson

PMDGoptions.dll not valid?

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello all.As some of you may know from earlier threads there is something wrong with my PC / PMDG, and it doenst like PMDGoptions.dll.But anyway...I tried re-installing today and all went fine. I then went onto the PMDG website and tried to install the Service Update. However, i got this message When i try installing the service update it says 'This file C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesPMDGoptions.dll is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded'Does anyone have any ideas? I tried getting a friend to send me his PMDGoptions.dll but with no luck.Sam Hampson

Guest Sam_Hampson

Can anyone from the PMDG team shed some light on this?Sam

Sam-from what you're telling us, it seems your installation is hosed. I suggest you uninstall the PMDG products and reinstall them in order.Thanks,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello Thanks for the reply...I have tried re-installing/un-installing MANY MANY times, but still with no luck. The PMDG did excatly the same the other year before i reset my computer. I still can't play Flight Simulator with the PMDGoptions.dll in the modules folder. It's a bit of a pain in the arse to be honest :) I can't use the awesome models you guys provide, so it's slightly annoying :)Take care, Sam

Sam-you really need to take this offline with our support staff...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hey Sam,I had the same issue with PMDGoptions.dll and I couldn't figure out why everytime I reinstalled, my installation would still get hosed until I found out.... the PMDGoptions.dll doesn't get deleted from you FS /modules/ directory when you uninstall. So try and uninstall all your PMDG products and look in the /modules/ folder for PMDGoptions.dll. If there is one, delete it and try reinstalling again. This fixed it for me.Regards,Jason Brown

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Guest Sam_Hampson

Thanks for all the help everyone :) Good to know you are actively trying to sort the solution.Will try your method Jason. Then if not, i will contact PMDG :)Thanks, Sam