Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

PMDG OS & App Detect utility (FSX only)

The app didn't changed the model.cfg permissions only the pmdg folder. The VC/no vc still need an elevated permission. At least over here.Jos

Hello-I've uploaded a newer version which takes care of the SimObjectsAirplanesPMDG* folders as well.Thanks for noticing!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Burhan-I've posted the code snippet in my blog for you, as more people might find it useful.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Hello->>I've uploaded a newer version which takes care of the>SimObjectsAirplanesPMDG* folders as well.>>Thanks for noticing!Hi Lefteris,I downloaded and ran the latest version last night and it was unable to find fsx.exe or the pmdg modules even though the path displayed is correct. Please find the log file output below. Any ideas why it's not finding the exe file?Thanks, DennisOS Version:-----------Windows Vista (Business), (Multiprocessor Free), (x86-32 Processor) v6.0 Build:6000FSX Version:------------FSX Registry Key Detected - Registry Setup Path detected - No FSX.exe found in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XFSX Setup Path:---------------C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimConnect Version:-------------------10.0.61259.0 (FSX SP2/Accel Pack)PMDG 747-400X Version:----------------------2.00.0031PMDGOptions.DLL Version:------------------------No PMDGoptions.DLL detected.PMDGSounds.DLL Version:------------------------No PMDGSounds.DLL detected.PMDGEvents.DLL Version:------------------------No PMDGEvents.DLL detected.

I fixed a small issue with the OS & App Detector under some versions of Windows XP SP2. The app has been replaced on our server - redownload it and it will work.Best,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest contento

Installed PMDG 400x and I cannot get any of my PMDG options to save once I'm in FSX.Also the PMDG loader does not load any of the options that I input before I start the sim.OS Version:-----------Windows Vista (Home Premium), (Media Center Edition), (Multiprocessor Free), (x86-32 Processor) v6.0 Build:6000FSX Version:------------10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp1.20070510-2038)FSX Setup Path:---------------C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimConnect Version:-------------------10.0.61242.0 (FSX Service Pack 1)PMDG 747-400X Version:----------------------2.00.0031PMDGOptions.DLL Version:------------------------10.0.61355.17PMDGSounds.DLL Version:------------------------10.0.61355.17PMDGEvents.DLL Version:------------------------10.0.61355.17User reset PMDG folder and Subfolders permissions.User reset PMDG folder and Subfolders permissions.User reset PMDG folder and Subfolders permissions.very frustrating,any help would be great.

I am sorry that you're facing these problems.Could you mention if you're running the utility as Administrator?(and please sign your full name as per forum rules)

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest contento

Running it as a Administrator. I have been trying to get it to work all day.Leopoldo

Can you please disable UAC temporarily, run FSX and see if it allows you to save successfully, and let me know?If it works that way, then run the utility app with UAC disabled, see if it continues to work and then turn UAC back on to check again.Report back with your findings.Worst case scenario is you install FSX under its own path (like c:FSX or something), rather than its default location - but this shouldn't be necessary for now (unless your bother factor is too great ;-)).

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest contento

What Is UAC?How do you disable UAC?The options that i was trying to change where Kilograms as standard units for fuel and the 15 second IRS alignment.Standing ByLeopoldo

Well - it's past 4am here in Athens, so I'm going to sleep soon, but just so you get unstuck:UAC (User Account Control) is Vista's enhanced security method for protecting what it considers most precious (namely running things with administrative rights, etc.)Google "disable UAC" and you'll find lots of useful info for it. A starting point might be:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/Best regards,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi Lefteris,Just checking, will this application fix the issue where keyboard asignments as set in the PMDG menu are lost when I shut down the PC. I currently have to re-enter these keyboard assignments (for TOGA etc) Everytime I fly the 744X? I run Vista Home Premium. I need to be clear on this as I dont want to install this application if I dont need to, especially if it might create problems of its own.ThanksGregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just to reiterate:The little utility is unsupported. Try at your own risk. There's no "installation" per se, though - you unzip, run and if it works for you, great! (Chances are, it will).It should not create any problems - I haven't heard of any users who experienced new issues after running it. In some cases, even, it worked to help Vista users "unlock" their "c:program files" folders which are, by default, "more secure" in terms of writing in them.My bet is - you have FSX installed under c:program files, am I correct?If yes, this will help.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg