Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

PMDG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll Failure

Guest Scousefox9

This was a continuous entry in my event viewer:Generate Activation Context failed for C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully..Does anybody know what this means and whether it's important?

This is NOT a failure, as indicated by the "The operation completed successfully" part.It's Microsoft Windows' warped way of telling you that one of the SimConnect.DLL versions that our loader was trying to find (most likely the Acceleration Pack version) was not found on your PC and it will try the next one (SP1, which succeeds).We've mentioned this to ACES time and time again, but it's really not their fault either...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

You could try installing the Acceleration version of the SDK. Since this fixes some unrelated SimConnect problems that have plagued some users since the advent of SP1. It may even help with this....If you decide to proceed, you need the original SDK from the Deluxe install loaded plus SP1a, this latter file is also on the Acceleration disk. Then install the Acceleration version, its just marked SDK but on starting the install you`ll see its an Acceleration specific install.Reider

Reider- (please post using your real name)I know you're trying to help, but this was incorrect information: There's no need for the SDK itself to be installed, for the latest SimConnect.DLL to be placed in the WinSxS folder. The Acceleration Pack addon itself will do this anyway.All the SDK does is provide a development kit for those who wish to produce addons for Acceleration.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Scousefox9

Cheers Lefteris; just wondered :(.

Sorry, I`d already added my real name to a signature, but its not coming through yet, just checking it outEDIT: It is now thankfully