Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

How Is The FS9 Update Working For Those Who Have It?

As part of the FSX purchase, but not necessarily install of FSX. I'm gonna eat some crow and purchsase the 747X, provided no real issues are being reported by anyone who uses it in FS9. I do not run FSX and may not for a while.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

For me, the FS9 Upgrade is working great. I don't get CTDs flying into LHR anymore! Overall, the aircraft does operate smoother than before. There are also a few FMC pages that are slightly different. If you use FS2Crew, you have to reinstall it but it took me maybe 5 minutes. The only issue I have is that my TCAS only shows conflicting traffic and I can't get it to show all traffic. I posted asking for help but no solutions have been presented yet.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

The FS9 747 is simply superb. I think it is smoother and does not suffer the same frame rate drops when turning onto EGKK approach that it used to. Running everything maxed makes for a great experience.I have noticed a persistent problem with the autobrakes disarming on touchdown. My pedals have a wide deadband so they are not the cause so maybe it is the throttles although they have a deadband too. I don't recall this occuring before the update. Maybe it is the latest FSUIPC. I enjoy flying it too much to be bothered to investigate at the moment. I see this is mentioned below for the FSX version but I have not flown that much.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Someone else mentioned this TCAS problem too, but I thought they said it was only the FSX version?? Wonder what the deal is? You tried to route the TCAS through FS Internal and FSUIPC?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I think the FSX TCAS problem was that it didn't show anything. For me, I can only see anything conflicting. I also tried both FS internal and FSUIPC. No matter what, I can't get it to show all traffic and for some strange reason, disable the limit on the amount of traffic shown.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

And this is in FS9, not FSX? Or both? I wonder if no one else seems to notice? I usually just have it set to conflicting traffic myself, but sometimes I do like to show all. Do you save older FSUIPC DLLs to try a previous version? I want to know for sure that the update won't hurt the overall plane so it's worth it to buy, especially when I won't be using FSX for a long time.

- Chris

This is only FS9 as I too don't use FSX yet. But I highly doubt it FSUIPC because there hasn't been a new non-beta release since June 1st and that's the one I use. It's worked up until I installed the upgrade. Other than that, you will still get traffic alerts and be able to see conflicting traffic. And other than that, there are absolutely no problems that I've had.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Strange, and too bad it might not be fixed. I don't have FSX installed, so maybe I'll wait a while to see if it gets fixed for FS9, even though they said no more 747 updates. :|

- Chris

Me to. I have just done a KPAE to KSFO and the TCAS only displayed conflicting traffic. Quite unrealistic.Neil Bradley