Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

747X outside sounds?

I seem to get the sounds of the cockpit, (Packs and rush of air inside the flight deck) on the outside of the aircraft in spot view?I don't hear the sounds I should be hearing and in 'flyby mode its still the same?Can anyone shed some light on this please?With my FS9 version the sounds are exactly right.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thirty one views and no comments? I was wondering if anyone else has the same thing, is this a FSX bug?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Check the settings from the file menu, there should be a tick in hear sounds externally, or something very similar.....Reider

There is a tick box in the PMDG sounds menu. The only catch is that it has to be checked in order to hear the sounds in the VC. It's either sound in the VC and spot view, or only in the 2D panel.Ryan Gamurot

Spot on Ryan, thanks a lot.Seems a shame the sounds aren't as good as FS9 though........

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,Thats an interesting observation - the FSX sounds are far more advanced than the FS9 version - maybe there is another issue that is affecting the playback of sounds on your system?Can you elaborate further about the issues you are experiencing please.Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hello Armen, and thanks for your interest.All the sounds within FSX are diffeent, it doesen't seem like an PMDG problem but compared with FS9 they are better in some ways (More rounded).The sounds I hear above all Armen is the packs. The wind sounds (expected) past the cockpit but, it was staying the same outside the aircraft in 'spot veiew and 'flyby' with no increase in volume either before passing or after. I don't now, hear any spool up of the engines in 2D view when fire walling the throttles on takeoff or for that matter the reverse thrust on landing?In FS9 all the sounds are as they always was, perfect.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks mate, email sent.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I would like to thank Armen for mailing me and sorting out the problem with sounds in the 747X.I reckon this is great support and dedication to PMDG. I will certainly buy more from them.Thanks again Armen.

Dave Taylor gb.png