Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rup

Vandenberg Waypoints?

Guest Rup

Hi thereDoes anybody know why there missing waypoints near KVBG, (ATLAF, DWORF, DAWNY, and HOYTS) in AIRAC 1207,and is it possible to add them you self?Many thx Jean

You mean 0712 data.These are probably fixes used on military charts only. You can get the lat-lon for these from www.airnav.com and add them to the file wpNavFIX.txt yourself (but you have to add them every cycle). In fact, airnav indicates that these are only on military IAP charts; flying into Vandenburg AFB?See the NAVDATA Dictionary in the PMDG OPS section ( http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/NAVDATA_Data_Dictionary ) for help in adding fixes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello All These are indeed military fixes. Every now and then we do get a civilian (at least i think it is civilian) L1011 launching rockets. KVBG is an airport in our airspace so I work it all the time. Tony Megowan ATCS Santa Barbara ATCT/Tracon

Tony Megowan
ATCS Santa Barbara Tower/TRACON
i7-4771 3.5 GHz, ASUS PX58D Premium, 12 GIG Kingston HyperXT1 DDR3 1800, ASUS GTX960, Corsair H60 Water Cooler, 2 LG 24" Monitors, Windows 10 Pro  64 bit on a Kingston 256 GIG SSD, FSX on a 512 GIG Kingston SSD,3 WD SATA 6 1 GIG Drives

Tony,In FS or 3rd party supplied Nav Data for FS, we still don't have a comprehensive set of Nav Data, even for the US. We can get pretty close, but sometimes things are left out for various reasons.I'm not sure which set of Nav Data you're refering to. Are you talking about Navigraph?I would suggest taking Dan's advice and get the fix info from www.airnav.com since it's in their cycle, and manually input into the FMC using the lat/long format.My guess for the reason it was left out is because KVBG is a military airfield (officially), even though I think KVGB is also considered a wild life preserve (officially), if my memory serves me correct...LOL.DAFFIF was the supplier of the free Nav Data that everyone (FS'ers) was using up till last OCT when they pulled it from the public. Dan: I wonder those waypoints were in the last free cycle, just for giggles.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Rup

Hi againYes i mean 0712 (got i wrong before) data from Navigraph;-) thx for your help i will at them my self.Jean