Sign in to follow this  
plum130992

744 FSX, AP does not respect altitude nor speed

Hi all,I get some stranges behavior with new 744X :Aligned at LFRS/RW03 for an IFR training. Route from LFRS to LSGG is inserted into the FMC but will not used since I want to perform comeback to LFRS.1) Takeoff is started, Auto Throttle is engaged. Altitude is set at 10000, speed 250kt.At 1000 ft : central CMD, FLCHG and Heading sel are engaged. Pb : the AP does not respect speed, nor altitude ! It continues increasing vertical speed to 4000 ft/min and don't care about stick shaker and stall ! :-eek At 10000 ft, it continues to climb altrough "altitud alert" callout ! :-hmmmHeading is ok and maintained as set.Whats wrong ??

Please sign your name to posts in this forum.The aircraft is doing what you've asked, in FLCHG mode it will climb at the MCP SPD setting but it's easier to determine the exact problem if you'd attach a screen shot.The mode annuncitor is the key to understanding it's behavior.You can fly a round-robin by programming a flight LFRS-LFRS.

Dan Downs KCRP

You should try the aircraft operator's manual, there's chapters on autopilot/flight director, flight techniques and a FMC users guide.You don't have an altitude selected, you have an altitude hold lit but not sure what you intended to hold. The speed mode is doing all it can with max power but without attitude control it is unable to hold speed.There's also several tutorials available, one which lets you fly a short trip within Washington State and walks you through every step from dark and cold start.I also use the Left CMD autopilot, not sure if this makes a difference.. wouldn't expect it to - the C an R only light up for me in approach mode.

Dan Downs KCRP

As far as I can tell, you have the MCP configured correctly.Perhaps you have some sort of weight imbalance that is causing an unnatural nose-up attitute??Try reloading pax/cargo/fuel with the Load Manager.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Bill's right... there's way too much pitch up. Are you using FL CHG for takeoff? That's a problem.Been discussed at length awhile back but I wasn't in that thread.

Dan Downs KCRP

Let's get the basics fixed before you start programming FMC stuff.If you are above 400', engaging FLCH should not be a problem. As suggested, check your weights and balance... Also, is your joystick calibrated properly? (perhaps it's interfering with the A/P?) If that's ok, perhaps a reinstall is required :(Cheers.Q> イアン

Guest Just747-400

Dear Gestin,If you don

Guest Just747-400

No problem Gestin.