Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

747X 2D Panel Performance

Hi Guys,I've been using the 747X for a few weeks. I have the update installed which fixed many issues for me. The one thing I can't seem to get any better is the 2D panel performance.I have disabled the VC via the load manager, and don't have plans to use it.In the 2D panel, I get a max of 9-11FPS while on the ground, and 13-14 while at FL200. It gets a little better when at FL300+.The strange thing is that I get 24+ on outside and other views.In FS9, I used to get more frames inside than outside, but it seems reversed.In other complex add-ons (in the 2d panel), once I lift off, usually the fps get really smooth, but in the 747x, the fps in the panel remain low and stuttered until at a very high altitude.Is there anything I can do to make adjustments for better 2d performance? Everything else is working great with this plane, but the low fps in the 2d panel make it a chore to fly.I've been using PMDG A/C for 4 years, and think you guys are doing a great job!Below are my specs:XP Prof SP2FSX SP1Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 (three cores working in FSX (bug))Raid 0GeForce 8800 GTX 768mbThanks in advance,John

John-those PC specs are the same as mine (except I have a weaker CPU- the Q6600) and I get > 40fps in most airports with "reasonable" settings. Some questions for you:1) Have you defragged your disk?2) Are you running a firewall and an antivirus program? The first needs to exclude FSX.exe and the second needs to exclude the entire FSX folder and subfolders.3) What settings are you running on?4) What other software is running concurrently?Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>John->>those PC specs are the same as mine (except I have a weaker>CPU- the Q6600) and I get > 40fps in most airports with>"reasonable" settings. Some questions for you:>>1) Have you defragged your disk?>>2) Are you running a firewall and an antivirus program? The>first needs to exclude FSX.exe and the second needs to exclude>the entire FSX folder and subfolders.>>3) What settings are you running on?>>4) What other software is running concurrently?>>Best,Hi Lefteris,The answers are below:1. Yes, I use Ultimate Defrag at least once a week2. No firewall, but I use Nod32 as AV. I have not tried to exclude the FSX folders. I will try that tonight.3. See below -fps set at 28-filtering anisotropic-AA on Card 4x-no lens flare or bloom-global texture max-Aircraft casts shadows on ground-NO aircraft casts shadows on itself-Aircraft landing lights illuminate-level of detail radius -large-mesh complexity 100-mesh resolution 10m-texture resolution 1m-water effects low 2.x-land detail textured checked-scenery complexity - extremely dense-autogen density - dense-ground scenery shadows -checked-special effects - high-cloud draw distance -110mi-no thermal visualation-detailed clouds - maximum-airline traffic - 65%-No GA traffic-Airport vehicle -high-road/ships/leisure boats - 20% each4. No other software. I have seperate hardware profile I use when I run FSX that excludes all non essential processes and programs. My workstation is dedicated to FSX, and nothing else.Hope this helps.Thanks again,John

John,I use NOD32 as well.. and excluding FSX and it's subfolders is an absolute MUST to get decent performance out of FSX. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you do.1) click on AMON2) click on SETUP3) click on EXLUSIONS tab4) click on ADD button5) click on FOLDER button6) navigate to "Microsoft Games" folder (this kills two birds with one stone if you also have FS9 installed)7) make sure "permanently", "folder" and "Yes" (exclude subfolders) are all selected.8) click "OK"9) click "OK" again10) Minimize NOD32Hope it helps!Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

>John,>>I use NOD32 as well.. and excluding FSX and it's subfolders is>an absolute MUST to get decent performance out of FSX. I>think you will be pleasantly surprised when you do.>Thanks Vin. I just did this, and will test tonight. I appreciate your help.- John