Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mnarboe

V NAV disconnects

Guest Mnarboe

I have a problem with the 744X which happens frequently and reproduceably.Whenever I do something out-of-sim (like checking the map), V NAV disconnets, but this seems to be only a symptom rather than the problem itself. Right now, for example, I checked the map, then clicked CANCEL (no changes made). V NAV instantly disconnected (although it's still lit up), throttle was reduced to almost nothing and there was an FMC message saying MAX ALT 16500. I reactivated V NAV, and the throttle went up to 103.2 N1. We're keeping the cruise altitude of FL340, but at only .791 mach (not increasing at all) and around 4.8 degrees flare. Checking the map seems to have made the aircraft heavier... or something with similar effect.I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it :(Regards,Morten Narboe

This happens to me every time in both 744 and 744x, never the 737. I quit using the map. I may use the top down view window, but that freezes the 3D cockpit, which is fixed by switching to a different cockpit view and back. I've accepted this as quirks of the simulation, and know to instantly press the VNAV button when it happens. That resets the "logic" and all is well again. It has always managed to get the airspeed back up, perhaps very slowly if I'm heavy or high.

Dan Downs KCRP

Actually, if you check you FMAs, VNAV is still engaged but SPD is now disabled. This is caused by the engines flaming out when you close the menu sometimes. When that happens, the Autothrottle disconnects thinking there's a problem, then the FMC thinks engines have failed and that you can only hold a certain altitude. The simple cure is to press VNAV again to reconnect the Autothrottle and simply cancel the FMC warning.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png