Sign in to follow this  
FlyboyStu

747-400X spoilers & reversers deployed throughout repla...

HiWhen I replay a landing, the auto-spoilers appear deployed all the way down the approach, and the reverse thrust shrouds appear open likewise. Obviously, they should both action on touchdown and the selection of idle and then reverse thrust.I do have advanced animations selected 'on', and things work as they should on the FSX default planes. What am I doing wrong?!Many thanksStu

The default planes don't have all the extra programming that goes into the PMDG simulations... I've noticed replay animation of the 737NG in FS9 not being as expected either.Are you starting the replay after rollout with flaps up, spoilers down and out of reverse thrust?

Dan Downs KCRP

>Hi>>When I replay a landing, the auto-spoilers appear deployed all>the way down the approach, and the reverse thrust shrouds>appear open likewise. Obviously, they should both action on>touchdown and the selection of idle and then reverse thrust.>>I do have advanced animations selected 'on', and things work>as they should on the FSX default planes. >>What am I doing wrong?!>>Many thanks>>Stu>>Hi Stu,I had this issue as well, until I figured out what to do. After landing in real time, I exit the runway, apply a little thrust, and the spoilers restract. Now, sitting off the runway with the retracted spoilers, I start my replay. Now I see them function normally during final and the landing.- John

Thanks Dan and John for your replies.I was starting the replay whilst at 80 knots or so with reversers still out (just about to come in!) and spoilers extended. I'll try John's tip when I get home later; sounds promising!CheersStu

It's still not doing what I'm after, which is spoliers retracted down the approach, then extending, with thrust reversers, on touchdown - i.e. like in real life!Within the cockpit I see the spoiler handle move to extended on touchdown, and the engine instruments show 'REV'; I just can't see these things happening on the replay.This all works fine in FS9, so I'm confused.I have advanced animations set on, and most sliders to the right.Seems surprising that something that worked in FS9 wouldn't in FSX, so am I doing something wrong?ThanksStu

The animations work with the 747X. Just couple of things I did to manage similar problem:1) I uninstalled Accelerated, may not be applicable to you -####, it may not even be necessary, but that's what I did.2) Start up FSX and load up the default FSX "free flight" -the glider flight will do- I let it run for a few seconds. I then exit completely out of FSX. It's important that you do not hit the end flight button. 3) Start up FSX and load up your favorite PMDG 747 ....you should be good to go.To ensure that I don't have a repeat of the above mentioned problem:A) I never change PMDG 747's during the same session of FSX -I always exit out of the sim. Again try to refrain from using the "exit flight" option from the menu bar. b)Never, I mean never, let your flight end with your aircraft crashing, as this will reset the flight, which has the same effect as loading another PMDG 747 during the same session. c)If any this happens to ya during an FSX session while using the PMDG, you must repeat step #2 listed above to clear the condition.Again, this assumes you have the same condition I've dealt with.Hope it helps,Ken