Sign in to follow this  
Guest kbullet

What's your 747 FPS Poll

Guest kbullet

I love the PMDG 747-400 and how much detail the team have put in the aircraft, though the only downside is the fps and it is a very big one =(I'm only getting average 9-10fps with my system(all settings to low). Other 3rd party products i'm getting average 30fps and FSX orginal aircrafts at ~50fpsMy system P4 3.2Ghz, 2GB ram, ATI X1950 512mbAnyways i just want to see what's the fps you guys are getting with your system.Also Is there any tips to boost the fps and make the game playable? I have a clean installtion of XP just for fsx so therefore i dont have any antivirus or any other software installed.thanks

One thing we have found is to run FSX with unlimited FPS (no limit) when using the PMDG 747-400. We have found it can return significant gains on some systems.Turn down some of the more CPU intensive FSX effects, like autogen and traffic.There is never a magic pill, unfortunately. You can also consult the PMDG Ops page for a number of tweak suggestions: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_747-400X_FAQBest,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

I have mine locked on 26fps and get 20-26 in 2D and 10-20 in VC. I take off in 2D and then swap to virtual for the rest of the flight. I have everything turned up to max including autogen. Have traffic turned right down though. Use ActiveSkyX for weather.E6700 C2D CPU with 2GB Mem, Nvidia 8800GTX, 2x320GB drives in RAID0 array running Vista Ultimate.Do find I can overclock the CPU at all though. As soon as I even try 5% Vista BSOD's and restarts. Not sure why as the board supports automatic overclocking and I cant even get 5% out of it.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

I get 18-23 FPS which I think quite good in VC with high detailed mega airport sceneries with 747X using very high scenery settings. I am using Vista 64 bit and Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 3300 Mhz, 2GB ram and nVidia 8600GTS with 4x antialiasing.Matyas Majzik

Guest kbullet

omgz im so jealous, well time for a new computer i guess... =(

Hi all,I get arround 80 fps with my config.Intel E6600, xp sp2, FSX sp1, 2go mem Corsair @1066 mhz (8500), nvidia 7600GT 256mo.This fps is measured at LFRS/03, no clouds, no traffic.Mains parameters :1280*960*32Antialias : offdetailled clouds : maxsight distance : 60nmautogen : normaldecors : normalAutogenDescriptions.spb is replaced by AutogenDescriptions_Min.spbWater effect : 1.x (WATER_EFFECTS=3)Important :bloom effect : OFF (BLOOM_EFFECTS=0)All shadows (decors, acft) : OFFRegards, Pascal

Heeeyyyy! 80fps with *no* clouds and *no* traffic? That's cheating ;-)Subin

What screenshot facilty is that your using please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Intel E6600, xp sp2, FSX sp1, 2go mem Corsair @1066 mhz>(8500), nvidia 7600GT 256mo.You're actually not gaining anything running your memory at 1066 by the way if that's a standard E6600... The E6600 says it's a 1066 bus, but it's really half that, and running 533 on your RAM is true 1:1. You're just making extra heat running 1066 as there's no real performance benefit from running a different memory divider other than 1:1.Learned all this getting my new Q6600 machine set up over the past week or so...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gestin,My comment was just tounge in cheek about getting 80fps without the two fps killers being processed by the system (traffic and clouds), which is what everyone wants to see while flying. They're both one of those "can't do without things".But in all seriousness, you're right in making measurements without the variables like traffic and clouds.Subin

Guest kbullet

thanks for the replies guys, i'm getting ~40fps on the standard cockpit with clouds and traffic disabled :D, kinda hard to do a Visual landing with it but meh better than 10fps with VC

Guest Nuclidic

With settins down low and flying a microsoft plane in VC I can get between 140 to 160 fps, same setting with PMDG 747 I can only get 30 With setting customised (on traffic and autogen low) I generally fly at 60 fps with MS planes, but with PMDG I'm knocked down to 20 fps. This is really disappointing,I much prefer high frame rates when flying planes, so much so I'm packing PMDG 747 away for future use.If anyone has any tips on getting PMDG to run faster please post.

Why bother, 15FPS is all the human eye can handle.Higher FPS is just a waste of CPU power when it could be doing another task more efficiently.

Dave Taylor gb.png