Sign in to follow this  
Guest kbullet

What's your 747 FPS Poll

>>Intel E6600, xp sp2, FSX sp1, 2go mem Corsair @1066 mhz>>(8500), nvidia 7600GT 256mo.>>You're actually not gaining anything running your memory at>1066 by the way if that's a standard E6600... The E6600 says>it's a 1066 bus, but it's really half that, and running 533 on>your RAM is true 1:1. You're just making extra heat running>1066 as there's no real performance benefit from running a>different memory divider other than 1:1.>>Learned all this getting my new Q6600 machine set up over the>past week or so...:-eek !!We have a 1066 mhz FSB but it works only at 533mhz ?? :-hmmm Does it means that a 1066mhz mem is a useless at this time (no cpu+chipset can take advantage) ?Does it means that a 600mhz mem is enough with core 2 duo ?

>Why bother, 15FPS is all the human eye can handle.>>Higher FPS is just a waste of CPU power when it could be doing>another task more efficiently.It's a myth, it's not clear how much fps is enough. And please don't compare movies fps with games fps since movies have intraframe motion blur.Jos

Mine runs 15-20fps on average with a 3800 Dual Core AMD, 2 gig memory and a Geforce 7600GT. Most settings on high and running SP1 and SP2 (acceleration) with the 747 in FSX on Vista 32 bit. Graphics are crisp and clear, the sim is pretty fluid. This is ample to fly it and have lots of fun and views along the way.Reider

Guest cliffie1931

Vin.............I thank you.I changed from my setting of 25 FPM to "Unlimited" and increased from about 9 to about 17 on the ground before take off. I learn something every day..............regards...........Cliff

I'm curently investigate this subject.It appears that the FSB works at 266mhz and there is a trick that enable 4 signals for each clock cycle. 266 * 4 = 1066.I done some tests with memory set at 1066 and 566 mhz. There is a gain of 10 fps with 1066mhz. Perhaps may be due to ram timings. frequency is divided by 2 but not memory timing.So, that's becomes a overclock subject.@ Karl : at the upper left cornner ?

FSP varies by what cities I'm in and what weather conditions have been generated, but on average with a high-end system, I'm getting ~30fps with a good amount of bells and whistles enabled.The big boost was when I switched from a Pentium D 945 to a Q6600.More so than upgrading from SLI7800's to SLI8800's.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest ALFS

You are kidding. In the borders of the runway is clear that you have Anti Aliasing active, otherwise you should have jaggies in contours.Andrea

>You are kidding. In the borders of the runway is clear that>you have Anti Aliasing active, otherwise you should have>jaggies in contours.?and? ...

Guest Mower

>Why bother, 15FPS is all the human eye can handle.Oh my...why bother?Because at only 15FPS the VC is jerky an d control of the jet on the ground can b e problematic with the stutters.