Sign in to follow this  
RDG41

747X VC texture problems

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced any texture problems in the VC with the 747X.Last night, I did a complete fresh install of FSX and all my add-on's and planes. I jumped into the the cockpit just to make sure everything was running ok. When I turned on some lighting, the texturesnear the top of the windshield were dancing around. I've attached a small video clip to show exactly what it looks like.

That is a rare anomoly we have seen before when the dome light is turned on. (the dome light is powered by an FX file in the effects folder).The problem was corrected with a video driver update.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

What driver version are you using? I am using the latest WHQL nVidia driver (163.75) and I am still having this issue, but only in the 74F. I am using XP 64bit.Cheers,Jorge

I see exactly the same with the 163.75, 169.02, 169.04 and the 169.12's in Vista Ultimate x64. The OS shouldn't really effect the result as it's a display anomaly. The left side of the panel does the same thing in the VC.Regards,Jim Karn

>What driver version are you using? I am using the latest WHQL>nVidia driver (163.75) and I am still having this issue, but>only in the 74F. I am using XP 64bit.>>Cheers,>>JorgeI'm using the same, 163.75.

>I see exactly the same with the 163.75, 169.02, 169.04 and>the 169.12's in Vista Ultimate x64. The OS shouldn't really>effect the result as it's a display anomaly. The left side of>the panel does the same thing in the VC.>>Regards,>Jim KarnFrom the NVidia website as far as I can tell, 163.75 is the latest driver.I'm not sure what you mean't by the other versions , unless it was a typo?

As stated, they are beta releases. Although none of them specifically addressed any issues related to Flight Simulator, I figured I'd try them anyway. None of them are any better or worse than the next.The purpose of the post was to reassure the OP that the rare anomaly was indeed happening on others machines.Regards,Jim Karn

hi Guys,i'm seeing something very similar to what Ron's seeing on the overhead panel (dome light on only in my case) in the VC with the Pax and Cargo. and, i'm using an ATI X1950 XTX. i was using the Cat. 7.3's initially. now, with a 2 wk. old clean install of Windows and everything else i'm seeing the same thing with the Cat. 7.10's. this doesn't seem to be a video driver problem to me - similar results with totally different video cards and drivers here. Ron, i noticed while viewing your video that the overhead and instrument panel light switches are on as well. if you could, try turning on the dome light only and my guess is the visuals on your overhead will look identical to mine. imho, the instrument panel in the 747X VC (with the dome light only on) has a white "washed out" look to it instead of an amber tint/color. compare it to the 747 VC for FS9 with the dome light on only and i think you'll see what i'm talking about. after looking at several pictures of the 747 cockpit lighting on Airliners.net. imho, the VC of the 747 for FS9 with the dome light on only looks more realistic than the VC of the 747X does with the dome light on only. btw, im curious to see if anyone else has noticed a couple of things here with the 747X Pax and Cargo that i'm seeing...in the VC of the Pax, (this occurs with any livery) pan around and look directly behind the Captains seat then look up 30-45 degrees (maybe slightly more). do you see the "flashing" from the beacon on top of the fuselage inside the VC? i do.now for the Cargo...again, this occurs with any livery. inside the VC at the base of the window on the Captains side the textures are "swimming". this can also be seen in the 2D cockpit at the base of the FO's window but to a little lesser degree. now here's the interesting part of it all; i have never seen the beacon light flashing inside of the Cargo VC anywhere with any livery. and, i have never seen the swimming textures at the base of the Captains window in the VC nor the swimming textures at the base of the FO's window in the 2D cockpit with the Pax. anxious to here your comments. i do have the updated version of the 747X installed. happy flyin, Tim W.

Hi Tim,Interesting that this anomaly occurs on an ATI card as well. It's the first post I recall reading that indicated a visual issue with ATI.The swimming texture on the Captain's left side has been reported early on but I've seen no resolution to the matter as of yet.Regards,Jim Karn

When I revert back to program managed AA settings, the problem disappeared for me. Would you guys happen to be running 2x, 2xq or something like that? I think my AS settings are program managed as well.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hi Bob,I'm running the DX10 preview where, according to someone who spoke with Phil Taylor, AA is hard coded into the application. 2X is all we can get.Regards,Jim Karn

hi Guys,i forgot to list some info. in my previous post. sooooooo here it is. i'm running WinXP SP2 with DX9c. 4xAA & 8xAF in the ATI CCC. Mip-Mapping (in ATI CCC) is set to Quality. AA in FSX is disabled. FSX is stock with the exception of the PMDG 747X and RCv4 for FSX. Jim, have you seen the flashing of the beacon light inside the Pax VC behind the Captains seat as mentioned in my previous post? what is your opinion on the appeareance of the instrument panel in the VC of the Pax and Cargo with the dome light on only compared to the FS9 version? just curious. thanks in advance for any comments. happy flyin, Tim W.

Ok Guys, sorry for the delay, but here is my update to my initial post. Since then, I have made a fresh clean install of the 747X and my video driver. This seemed to cure the texture issue I was having.Now, I did redownload the plane and noticed that it was a slightly different size file than the one I had, even though it is suppose to be the same. (I originally installed the the re-release version, not the very first release). So, I'm not sure if this was the fix or the reinstall of the video driver, ver 163.75.Just be sure after uninstalling the video driver to use driver cleaner pro in safe mode to clean it up entirely. Sorry I can't be more specific on what actually fixed this issue.