Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X DH and GPWS Callouts Problem

Guest Scousefox9

Hey, I've observed on more than one occasion if I change from MDA to DH and change height to 200 and land everything is good. If I then taxi back around and do a circuit, I get no subsequent GPWS Callouts at all on the second approach or any other approach thereafter but the 200 turns orange on the PFD when passing.I take this is a bug? It's ok if I leave it on baro.P.S. The RST button doesn't appear to do anything also, am I right?

Guest Just747-400

Dear Liam,At what altitude you do the circuit? When we do touch and goes we climb at 3000 Ft AGL. GPWS will reset above 2,500 Ft. Try that and let us know please.About the RST button, it is working correct, please read the manual.

"I get no subsequent GPWS Callouts at all on the second approach or any other approach thereafter"Not 100% sure of the logic, but the GPWS system has logic to prevent repeating callouts. i.e. if you are flying over slighty undulating terrain during your approach, you don't want the same callouts repeating continuously. i.e. You must fly above a certain height to reset the callouts. i.e. above 2500' above the terrain (not above mean sea level).Please check previous postings on this subject using "GPWS Callouts" as a search phrase.Cheers.Q> Ян

Guest Scousefox9

I climbed to 3000ft MSL; airport elevation was 80ft. The terrain is just normal, I'm not getting any callouts (on second+ approach)in the first place so it's not due to the duplicate logic, besides they're ok on the first approach and it is the same approach...This problem does NOT occur if I leave it on MDA and I climb to 3000ft also.I shall try it climbing to 4000ft MSL just to be sure.EDIT: I checked the manual again about the RST feature, and correct me if I'm wrong but the purpose of pressing "RST" is to change the values you have entered into DH/MDA back to their default values which if I can remember are 0/400. If this is the case then it almost certainly doesn't work for me; I clicked everywhere around it for a good 2 mins.

Guest Scousefox9

Tried the circuit at 4000ft AMSL and it worked fine. So obviously somewhere in between it resets itself :).That's that sorted, now just about this RST button which I can't get to work unless it does something different. I even tried assigning keys to "Reset MINS" in the key commands menu.

Guest Just747-400

Dear Liam,The RST button will not delete the value you preset in feet; it will just stop from blinking the amber color for BARO or RADIO.

Guest Scousefox9

Lovely, I was all confused there for a while. It's easily done... I hope :). Muchas gracias.