Sign in to follow this  
Guest flybywire380

Alt Hold

Guest flybywire380

Hey there,Just wanted to say Awsome plane, im currently on my maiden voyage, and i have one small problem. When i reach cruising altitude she wont level off. it rocks up and down about 300 ft. in both directions and id like to put an end to that. Otherwise this is the colloest plane ive ever flown and thanks for the excellent work on her.

Hi ???Welcome. Please take a minute to read the forum guidelines. You need to sign your posts with your real name.What plane? Load and CG?Hope it helps,

Guest flybywire380

perhaps you should take a minute to look at my signature banner for my name. Plane Is the 744X CargoWIndows XPSP2pentium 4 3.0 ghz1GB ram512 Video

Brandon,Not all of us have enabled pictures to be downloaded from third party sites in our browsers. Nuff said.Now about your problem... Load and CG?

Guest flybywire380

not entirely sure what you mean by load and CG

Unstable pitch can be due to CG out of limits. Mats asking the first logical question.The aircraft is normally very stable, pitch oscillations could also be caused by pressure or wind shifts, which are a common problem in FSX.The more info you provide the easier it is to help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest flybywire380

Ahhh i see now. Im not sure what the CG was at the time of teh flight i usually dont look at it. as for the load i weighted about 643,000 at the time of take off i had about 123000 lbs of fuel on board. I cant check any thing else due to my step daughter using my PC for movies. I use the load configuration manager to plan out my loads. I put on 2/3 cargo. I also noticed that when i got to cruise alt. i had a 110kt tailwind, wich i ve never encountered in FSX before, so i cleared the weather and i still had the pitch problem. I hope this is enough info, and im sorry for not being clear before.

Next time you experience this, watch your airspeed and altimeter. If the airspeed is making the same small jumps that the altimeter is then the problem is due to the FSX pressure bug. FSX will sometimes cause small "bumps" in barometric pressure as you fly from one weather area to another, and since we fly pressure altitudes this results in the altitude bumps. I've experienced this several times, but I've also made many flights without the problem.. and I'm not sure yet what triggers it.100+ kt winds at flight levels is pretty common, I had 140 kt headwinds last night from KJFK to KLAX. Geeze.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest flybywire380

Its not really a small jump, it climbs to altitude but it overshoots it and tries to correct and level off but it never levels it just keeps pitching up and down, it goes up about 300 feet above cruising then drops down about 300 feet below it, and its a slow move, not like when you are going through different weather. It does this with out the weather on which is why it was concerning me.