Sign in to follow this  
lensman

TRC1: Incomplete PDF/ND displays with PMDG TRC 1

Hi all,I recently found the type rating courses, and they are great. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to finish TRC 1 successfully. If I carefully follow the checklist, at the end, I have no nav data display, just a yellow box "MAP". Similarly, in the PFD, the tapes, heading, and annuciators (sorry about the spelling) are all fine, there's just no horizon display - no blue on top, brown on bottom. It's just black. The "targeting" bars are present.I've repeated this more than 10 times, starting cold & dark, after removing and re-installing the plane, I've removed 3d party scenery (just AFCAD fixes from AVSIM), no payware. In doing searches of this forum, I've found one reference to a similar problem, except in that case the user's displays were blank (i.e. as before the power is turned on). The fix for that was something to do with registration. That's not relevant here because I can use the plane for flights in Free Flight.Does the FSX flight planner have to have the same route as is in the "company route" file? I've tried loading whatever FSX calcuates as a flight plan, but the PFD/ND (oops, forgot to mention the GPS) displays are still lacking flight plan data.Thanks for any help,dan davison

Dan,Those are symptoms of the IRS not being aligned. Sometimes you have to enter the current position into the FMC two times in a row to get it to actually align. (the reason has to do with moving the aircraft without the IRS on - the GPS knows this happened and it asks for current position entry twice to be able to verify)Make sure this isn't what's happening and then post back and we'll go from there...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,>[...] Those are symptoms of the IRS not being aligned. Sometimes>you have to enter the current position into the FMC two times>in a row to get it to actually align. [...]Thanks for the fast reply! Now that you mention it, I alwaysget the "Enter IRS position" message after I enter it the firsttime. Alas, I've never entered the position again. I misinterpretedthe TRC 1. "...Why? The airplane is insisting that you double-checkyour position datum and re-send it to the IRS ..."I was assuming the empty boxes would appear if it wanted thecoordinates entered again. Since the numbers were still on thedisplay, I was clicking on the "CLR" button. >Make sure this isn't what's happening and then post back and>we'll go from there..Will do. thanks!dan davisonp.s. I'm recovering from a (thankfully) very mild heart attackand except for small type being invisible (probably from the painkillers) this is a great way to keep the mind going, andthe television off! I'm probably the only flightsimmer with a magnifying glass so I can read the PFD tapes :=( Thanks again!

Ryan,That did it - entering the GPS coordinates into the "SET IRS POSITION"twice did indeed make the appropriate data show up in the Captain andFirst Officer's displays. Trying to land at Moses Lake in a complete white-out is quite a challenge. On to TRC lessons 2, 3, and 4.Thanks very much for the quick help and the outstanding product.dan