Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattl182001

PMDG 747F no engine sound?!?

Guest mattl182001

Heres the problem. I pre-flight, start engines and start to taxi no problem, then out of nowhere I lose all engine sound sometimes before take off or during a flight (never consistant). All I can hear is the APU's running and interior sounds ie. buttons, chimes, flaps, etc...in all views. I also lose wind noise. I recently started flying the 744F again and this has occured everytime ive tried to fly it the past few days. Ive flown her many times in the past with no problems. Ive tried everything I can think of. Ive double checked, re-checked sound settings on the PMDG, FS9 and control panel. I reinstalled the sound update, and updated the latest drivers for my sound card. Still nothing seems to work. Every time I try something new I reboot and restart FS9. Just when I think the problem is solved....I lose engine sound. Whats going on? This is very frustrating and I feel like throwing my computer out the window. What am I missing, anyone ever had this problem? Thanks in advance!P.S. I did search the forums before I posted and tried a few things as mentioned above. I cound't find a direct answer or anyone that has experienced this specific problem:-)

Guest mattl182001

nobody?

Hi Please sign posts with your real name as per the forum rules.This is a strange issue which I have not heard of before - if your engine sounds are disappearing this sounds to me like a FS sound problem, as the engines sounds are processed via the FS sound system.My first suggestion is to try to fly another FS aircraft and see if the engine sounds disappear for that too?I can't think of much else at the moment! :)Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest mattl182001

Armen,Thanks for your response. I only have this problem with the 744, everything else works fine. I dont get it either. Matt Loy

Matt-Are you using another addon program that might be attempting to play a sound file at some point? (There are many addons out there that do everything from announcements to ATC sounds- so please think hard about your other addons before you answer!)Also- have you tried cycling the sound in FS by hitting the Q key? Sometimes in FS simply cycling the sound off and then back on can cure any hiccups it has developed.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest mattl182001

Armen, I didn't get it. Could you re-send it to matthew.loy@mcguire.af.milThanks, Matt