Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

FS9 ATC with 737 NG and FMS

Hi allI regularly use the IFR atc in FS9 to fly small twins but want to start doing some serious flying in the 737 NG, when using the FMS to its full potential to plan the flight is it still possible to use the FS9 atc, not so much concerned and SIDS and STARS just the ATC through out the flight like any other FS9 flight, thanks for any advice with thisRegardsWayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

While I have not used FS ATC for a couple of years it still holds that the FMC is an aid to navigation that must be manipulated to expected ATC navigation compliance. If ATC is vectoring you use the MCP for HDG, ALT (FLCHG), and speed.You need to get your FS9 plan into your FMC or manually program the FMC to synchronize it with the FS plan ATC uses.Once we have the same plan in both, know how to update your LEGS page to follow and go from your _present position_ to the next waypoint ATC expects you to hit. You do not return to your original programed path when ATC states to resume your own navigation. Once your LEGS page is current you can engage LNAV. Also I suggest you read up on how the MCP can be used in concert with FMC VNAV for the later stages of departure and early stages of arrival.I think there is in the libraries here an FS9 .pln to FMC .rte converter but I'm not sure. I use a payware planner application that exports to FS and FMC formats. I think there might be a freeware one around.

great advice, thanks very muchRegadrsWayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

hiWhat is the name of the payware application that you useRegardsWayne

Wayne such

'FSNavigator' http://www.fsnavigator.com/download.htmThe first 20 flight plans are free, then you know whether you want to buy it for more.There are Export files to download as well for PMDG 737NG's also apply to the 747 also. Theres others for the LDS +++

Dave Taylor gb.png

For flight planning I use FS Build v. 2.3. www.fsbuild.com.The site is a bit outdated but you can get the idea. Be prepared for a not too bad learning curve. For me its main advantages are:1. It runs as a stand-alone application (FS need not run).2. It interfaces with Active Sky (if running) to include wind effects in your planning including a fuel planning guide.3. AIRAC updates are available every few weeks from the FSB site at no charge (at this time).4. You can paste in an r/w route in correct syntax in the route field from sources such as flightaware.com.5. Autorouting is pretty good but occasionally you need to edit out a waypoint by modifying the created route grid and using the option to build and export for that. This usually is needed for "soft" local waypoints that can be duplicated globally.6. It has a few FMC export formats for different vendors including PMDG.In relation to items 1 and 2 above, I can download and save weather and do flight planning in advance of the day I fly to save some time. On the day I fly I just reload the saved weather and have more time for actual flight.