Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

PMDG 747-400X Autobrake problem

Lefteris,I saw this too on my first flight the other day with the 744X. It doees not happen on the FS9 version with the same FSUIPC calibration.Here's the real question, why am I seeing the "autobrakes" message on the warning panel on approach? What kind of events or mis-alignments trigger this warning? Could it be the spoiler lever position/calibration during this approach phase?It can't be throttle or rudder positions becuase I'm still using them on my approach, therefor they shouldn't be idle yet. Like I said, this has never been seen before on my FS9 installation, which still on the machine.The "autobrakes" warning message would only go out if I turn the autobrakes to the off position. Any other position and the warning message would reappear.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi,Sorry to come again with this problem.I have written to PMDG support but I got no satisfactory answer.Actually I think they don't care much because we are only a few to report the problems.BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM PMDG Guys.It is not a calibration problem otherwise it would happen with every plane equipped with this system.I tried today my 27th circuit flight (one circuit is a 45minutes flight) with PMDG747X and it doesn't work.I exited FSX and immediately re-entered but this time I decided to do the same circuit with the Level-D 767 and of course it works flawlessly.I didn't change any settings between the two flights.If one guy here can give me a decent technical explanation of this beahviour,I would be really happy to read it.From what I have heard from support,is that the problem is not widely reported and therefore they don't care very much.So please people having this problem,report it until we reach the quota for our problem being recognised.All the details to reproduce the problems have been posted but if no one cares at PMDG,then of course it will never be fixed.I am sure I will get flames for my rant but sorry when you asked things kindly,you are not heard.RegardsYves Lefevre

Yves-now that's not nice. In fact, it's aggravating. I've been spending two hours daily (during my lunch and dinner) trying to REPRODUCE your problem, which of course is quite difficult given that it's really hard to do without your specific hardware. Your response? That "we don't care very much". Paul never said that - he quoted that out of the thousands of customers, only ten or so are exhibiting this issue, which COULD VERY WELL BE due to hardware miscalibration.That said, I haven't given up - I keep at it. In fact, your problem is one of the very few things left unresolved before we issue our service release and guess what: the SR won't be released until I am satisfied that YOUR problem is either hardware miscalibration or that it's a bug and I found it.Given your ingratitude, though, it's very hard to concentrate right now... Very hard... I'll keep at it.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Yves->>now that's not nice. In fact, it's aggravating. I've been>spending two hours daily (during my lunch and dinner) trying>to REPRODUCE your problem, which of course is quite difficult>given that it's really hard to do without your specific>hardware. Your response? That "we don't care very much". Paul>never said that - he quoted that out of the thousands of>customers, only ten or so are exhibiting this issue, which>COULD VERY WELL BE due to hardware miscalibration.>>That said, I haven't given up - I keep at it. In fact, your>problem is one of the very few things left unresolved before>we issue our service release and guess what: the SR won't be>released until I am satisfied that YOUR problem is either>hardware miscalibration or that it's a bug and I found it.>>Given your ingratitude, though, it's very hard to concentrate>right now... Very hard... I'll keep at it.Hi Lefteris,Ok sorry but nobody told me that.My comments are based on the facts I am aware of.Accept my deepest apologises then.I didn't mean to hurt you.I offered you my help also,It is still a valid offer.Contact me by e-mail if you want and I am ready to give all the input you need in this troubleshooting time.Best RegardsYves

Well, I'm not sure what I did but I haven't seen it since I re-installed FSX and only SP1, and several complex aircraft, including the 744X. Also started with a fresh FSUIPC.ini calibration and assignments file. Something there has fixed this issue for me. Could it be FSX Accel/SP2 related?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>Could it be FSX Accel/SP2 related?Nope as I did not have it until today and then I have only installed the SP2 and it has been happening since day 1. I have tried installs/removeals/ the works. I even completely removed FSX, removed all trace from the registry of FSX related stuff and PDMG stuff and did a complete reinstall and no result. I don't use FSUIPC for the calibration of the controls and stuff and FSX handles all that. I have tried no NULL zones, Huge NULL zones, and everything in between. Tried removing my pedals completely to see if that helped.I have been able to get it to work a very few times and the only way seems to be is to wait 5 seconds (about) after the wheels touch down and then hit the reversers and then they go sometimes (very very rarely though)John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

>>Could it be FSX Accel/SP2 related?>>Nope as I did not have it until today and then I have only>installed the SP2 and it has been happening since day 1. I>have tried installs/removeals/ the works. I even completely>removed FSX, removed all trace from the registry of FSX>related stuff and PDMG stuff and did a complete reinstall and>no result. I don't use FSUIPC for the calibration of the>controls and stuff and FSX handles all that. I have tried no>NULL zones, Huge NULL zones, and everything in between. Tried>removing my pedals completely to see if that helped.>>I have been able to get it to work a very few times and the>only way seems to be is to wait 5 seconds (about) after the>wheels touch down and then hit the reversers and then they go>sometimes (very very rarely though)>>John Veldthuis>>http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.pngHi john,thanks for your input.Can you specify in details your joystick device and also the rudder pedals.Let's try to find a common factor.regardsYves

hi All,Lefteris, don't know if this has anything to do with the original post but i made an "Autoland" landing the other day at Anchorage and noticed after touchdown that the main wheels were not turning. after i slowed to 70-80 knots and disengaged the thrust reversers the wheels started turning. i'm assuming that once thrust reverse is disengaed the autobrakes are disengaged as well. also, i've made other Autolands and noticed the wheels not turning as well as getting yellow smoke coming from the Main wheels. the "brakes" msg. (in yellow) was being displayed on the upper EICAS too. Autobrake level was set to 2 for the above mentioned landings. it seems to me that the Autobraking is too strong for the 747X compared to the FS9 version at any level. the autobraking shouldn't be locking the wheels should it? i'm using a MS FF2 joystick. i have a clean install of WinXP SP2 and everything. less than 3 wks. old. only FSX addons are the 747X and RCv4. hope this helps. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

I also use the CH pedals and yoke and I've been doing numerous flights and test with no success. I don't believe I've ever been able to get the autobrakes to engage once since I've purchased the bird. I have FSX with SP1 installed. I haven't installed SP2 yet as I fear breaking some of my planes. I have also seen the wheels not turning upon touchdown but I thought that may have been just a issue the FSX instant replay and not the plane.I've recalibrated my yoke and pedals many more times than I can count but no success unfortunately. I thought it might be a VC issue but it still occurs if I use the 2D panel to set the autobrakes.... I'm running out of ideas to try. Lefteris if you have any suggestions for me to try I'm open to any ideas.Thanks for the support.Norm Guindon

In rereading this thread I notice this problem has occurred with both Saitek and CH yokes and pedals which seems curious??? So it's not isolated to any particular type of rudder pedal....Still looking.....Norm Guindon

How about specific to FSUIPC? Is everyone using it for calibration? The last several betas from Pete have had a few minor isssue interacting with PMDG unique coding. Just a thought... Since my rebuild, I've been using FSUIPC4 v4.20 (non-beta).FWIW, I should clarify the issue I was having; "autobrakes" warning message during approach and autobrakes not activating on touchdown. With two flights since the rebuild, including a 13-hour long-haul, I do not see the warning message and braking seems to work like it always has.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

To all:If you really like to test the autobrakes functionality and give me useful feedback, do the following:a) Remove FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder (at least temporarily). The 747-400X does NOT need FSUIPC (except for communicating with legacy online flying applications) and it will happily work without it.:( Connect all your usual hardware (rudder pedals etc.) which you have problems with.c) Fly a normal (if tiny) flight (around the airport will do fine with an ILS approach that you're really used to).d) See if autobrakes work this time.Key here is to (temporarily) remove FSUIPC to see if that's affecting any of your axes input.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Gents-I am bringing this topic back to the top. This HAS to be done asap because the Service Release has to be released soon (there are other products waiting on the pipeline for it).

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg