Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

PMDG 747-400X Autobrake problem

Hello,I've just tried a full autoland with FSUIPC removed and the autobrakes worked.regardsPaul

Paul Dumke

Lefteris,Autobrakes works for me with FSUIPC "installed". see my earlier post in this thread about the locking of the wheels & so forth. i have FSUIPC(4.2) installed for RCv4X purposes only. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

>Gents->>I am bringing this topic back to the top. This HAS to be done>asap because the Service Release has to be released soon>(there are other products waiting on the pipeline for it).>>Hi Lefteris,I tried my test flight without FSUIPC,I verified that it was not loaded (not present in add-on menus) and it changes nothing.It still doesn't work.sorryYves

Yves-I've ordered a set of Saitek Rudder pedals. Hopefully, I'll be able to see what you see. If I can still use autobrakes with them working, then I'll sadly say that you need to figure it out locally on your end.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Yves->>I've ordered a set of Saitek Rudder pedals. Hopefully, I'll be>able to see what you see. If I can still use autobrakes with>them working, then I'll sadly say that you need to figure it>out locally on your end.thanks for your efforts lefteris.I appreciate it.I hope you will be able to reproduce the problem.Sorry again for the misunderstanding of the last days.Anyway, it is not such a big issue,that should prevent you from releasing your service pack.It is not that important.If there is no solution,I will fly without rudder pedals.If you need further testing on my side don't hesitate.I saw your message yesterday at 2:00am,it was too late for doing the test flight in weekdays.I did it as soon as I came back from work.RegardsYves

>Yves->>I've ordered a set of Saitek Rudder pedals. Hopefully, I'll be>able to see what you see. If I can still use autobrakes with>them working, then I'll sadly say that you need to figure it>out locally on your end.Lefteris,I don't think you'll find any difference with Saitek pedals as I'm having this problem with CH yoke and pedals. Doesn't seem to be isolated to Saitek. I'll try a landing with the DLL module removed and report back.Norm Guindon.

Guys,Just ran the test without the FSUIPC, that's a no joy from my end. I tried with the autopilot disconnected. I'll try one with full autoland and see what the results are.......EDIT... No joy on the autoland eitherNorm Guindon.

Just another thought here, you might want to try the reverse setup. In my situation, I completely disable (uncheck) enable joysticks within the FS menu and soley rely on FSUIPC calibration and assignments. This way, there is absolutely no use of the built-in FS joystick assignemnts. Some folks like to run a combination of FS joysticks and FSUIPC joysticks but this can lead to conflicts and squirly indications if you're not careful. I also un-assign all key-commands within FS that aren't used directly by the sim, especially those keys used elsewhre in FSUIPC, and PMDG key-assignment menus.Hope this helps....

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>a) Remove FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder (at least>temporarily). The 747-400X does NOT need FSUIPC (except for>communicating with legacy online flying applications) and it>will happily work without it.>>:( Connect all your usual hardware (rudder pedals etc.) which>you have problems with.>>c) Fly a normal (if tiny) flight (around the airport will do>fine with an ILS approach that you're really used to).>>d) See if autobrakes work this time.Sorry I have not done this earlier but could not get away from long days at work.I have just tried a short hop fom NZAA RW05R to NZAA RW05R on a full ILS landing with FSUIPC.dll removed from modules, autobrakes set to 2, full flaps, speed brakes armed, auto throttle all the way. Hit the reversers just after the main wheels touched down and after 2 seconds the auto brakes came on like they should.Just trying a longer flight now.I would like to point out that I do need FSUIPC as I use it to map keys to my joystick buttons that I normally cant do in FSX. Removing it full time is not an option for me.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Okay second small trip from YSSY RW34L to YSSY RW34L (spin around the block). This one also worked 100%. Came in full autoland and this time did not engage reversers for a start and a few seconds after the main carriage touched down the brakes came on and then I engaged reversers.So for me there looks to be some issue between 744X and FSUIPC in the autobrakes and also the reloading of the state after a crash or change of flight plan.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Hello,I just wanted to chime in and indicate that I am also experiencing this problem.I have the following controllers:1) CH Figherstick USB2) CH ProThrottle USB3) CH ProPedals USBI also get no autothrottle.I have FSUIPC 4.2.0 installed.I will try removing it and report back.I really don't think it is a Saitek issue.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Gents-I received my Saitek pedals today. I am happy to report that I reproduced the problem and corrected it for our beta testers. If/when they give the OK, I am sure we'll have a service release out.(In the meantime, there's something called "Christmas holidays" that is causing this annoying delay in the release... sorry - blame the guy who decided to be born on 25 Dec ;-)).The issue is that when rudder pedals are installed, FSX erroneously sends events on "BRAKE_AXIS_SET" even when the brakes are at 0.0 (i.e. not pressed). This also has a (small) side effect of affecting speed (albeit not too much) because of all the events flying around unnecessarily, but that I can't do much about, can I ;-).I took the opportunity to tweak the Brake Temperature curves a bit and add temp reducing effects when the reversers are out, so this should look a bit more realistic.Happy holidays, all!

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

First,Merry Christmas Lefteris!Second,thanks for looking into this. I just got done with a test and taking FSUPIC had no effect. I see that you've pinpointed it to something else? I realize you got the Saitek pedals, but I wanted to point out that some of us (myself included) are using the CH pedals and seeing the same effect.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Jeff-I see you won't apply for the "Sherlock Holmes" position anytime soon :-) :-).I said: "The issue is that when rudder pedals are installed..." - not "when Saitek pedals are installed..." :-).

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg