Sign in to follow this  

Can ATC say....

Guest EGLD

I'm not sure about getting ATC to say concorde, but I believe the BA Concordes go by the callsigns "speedbird 1" and "speedbird 2" depending on which leg (LHR-JFK / JFK-LHR) they are flying

Guest Joshieca

The other day I heard from my scanner picking up JFK center, I heard the call of "Speed Bird Concorde Heavy". That is why I was asking.

Hi,Ofcourse ATC can say Speed Bird Concorde.Here follows an example of my Aircraft.cfg file.Note where the lines has to go (bold), and you can NOT add any more ATC line after atc_type. Otherwise ATC will NOT say Concorde.---------------------------------------------------------------------(fltsim.0) ()=should be bracketstitle=BA Concorde for FS2002sim=Concordemodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Conc_checkkb_reference=Conc_refui_manufacturer=British Aerospace/Aerospatialeui_variation=British Airwaysdescription=This is your opportunity to fly the world's only supersonic nairliner. After nearly three decades of airline service, nConcorde is still an exciting and exotic airplane. nTake off from London at midnight and arrive in nNew York three and a half hours later-on the day before nyou took off. Modified for FS2002 by Paul R. Varn 01/20/2001atc_heavy=1atc_airline=SPEED BIRDatc_flight_number=1(General) ()=should be bracketsperformance=Length: 202 ftnSpan: 83.3 ftnWing Area: 3,926 ft^2nHeight: 40ftnMax SpeedtM 2.22nCruise SpeedtMach 2.1nMaximum Ranget4,100 nm nFuel Rate 55K ft cruise: 31.5K lbs/hr, 3.6 kg/hr/engnService Ceiling: 60,000 ftnMax Takeoff Weight: 408,000 lbnSeating: 128nMax Payload: 29,000 lbnMax Landing Weight: 244,486lbs n(80,207 lbs fuel - 36,532 kg)nMin Take Off Roll: 6,562ftnMin Land Roll: 6,562ftnModified by Paul Varn 10/22/2001nMUST be used with matching aircraft.cfg filenatc_type=CONCORDE--------------------------------------------------------------------Fly safe, :-waveStaffan Ahlberg - FFG

Staffan

Guest Joshieca

Thanks, but does the ATC call it just Speed Bird heavy or will it call it Speed Bird Concorde?

ATC will say,....Speed Bird type Concorde. :-)Staffan

Staffan

Guest Joshieca

Thanks Staffan....and others :)

The entry CONCORDE for atc_type can return 2 different results. That's a feature of FS. It chooses randomly between variatons. For that entry, you'll either get ATC to say "Concorde" or "Speedbird". Luckily for you, the aircraft type is never said when it's combined with an airline (otherwise you could get stuff like "Speed Bird Speedbird" for British Airways). ATC will either say "" (example: "Lufthansa 123") or "" (example: "Cessna 172").In the case of the Concorde, the aircraft model is blank (the atc_model entry), and the aircraft type (the atc_type entry) will be either of the two variatons mentioned above. Nothing you can do about that aside from removing the variation Speedbird from the voice file.The only other entry in FS which has more than one variation is for atc_model=B773 which will return either "Triple seven" or "777" (why didn't they do it for the B772 entry as well ???). Makes you kinda wonder why they implemented this variation feature at all since it's hardly used by default.__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Guest lmoelleb

The variation is used quite a lot - to build different sentences (so the pilot can say "Have the traffic", "Traffic in sight", or "Have the Piper in sight").It is correct it isn't used much for the "tokens" or whatever you want to call them, but that is far less importance as you will have natural variation in what you hear anyway due to the different airlines, aircrafts, and airports.