Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

737 NG Problems

I wondered whether someone could give me advice witth some problems I am having.I have a new vista laptop and I have installed the PMDG 737 NG on it.I have remembered to install the updates but I have the following issues:1.On the PFD, the magnenta altimeter reads '100' for both 1000ft and 10,000ft. On my old XP computer, the magnenta would read 1000, 5000, 10,000 etc. This install reads 100, 200 etc.2.On the 'About' screen, my vista version reads something like 2.4 whereas my XP version was something like 3.2. I noticed also that the 'options' screens are different.3. Lastly, and this is not a PMDG issue, can someone tell me where the FS9 joystick assignments are saved because I would like to copy them across to my new installation rahter than start from scratch again.ThanksRenzo

Bill Miller

Joystick sensitivities and assignments are in a Joystick section of FS9.cfg. Make sure your Explorer tools/folder preferences are set to show file extensions and hidden folders/files.Use a text editor (notepad) to edit FS9.cfg. Make sure you have a safe copy of the original old and new files before editing.

Thanks Ron. Please read 'magenta' for 'magnenta'. Don't know where that extra 'n' came from.renzo

Bill Miller

I have put a screen shot of my PFD problem below if anyone is interested.

Bill Miller

On a chance make sure your Vista international settings are set up for US standards for language, font, and thousands formatted with comma and decimal uses ".". For XP it is in Control Panel/Regional and Language settings.I think the PFD uses your system fonts which should be using your language setting.

Renzo,Can you ensure that your Windows font scaling is set to 96 DPI and not something higher? That can cause those font issues... It's in Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Indeed, it was the font DPI set to 120.Thanks for your help in sorting this out chaps.Renzo

Bill Miller