Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Uninstalling PMDG 747-400X

Graham-It is a known item- and it will be corrected at the next service update. (Date pending...)For now, the simple solution is to make a backup copy of the dll. FWIW: your post makes the communication sound unfriendly- in fact Wade himself noticed it quite by accident and dropped me an email on it. I know it doesn't support the community driven coke vs. pepsi drama position- but we're actually good friends with the guys over at LDS. (In fact- someone remind Daryl that a) I have incriminating photos of him, and :( The LDS FS9 installer did the exact same thing to us a few years ago. There is a joke buried in this error someplace. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Temp

I am a proud owner of the LDS 767 and I will eventaully be purchasing the PMDG 747 for FSX soon.I just read on the Level D forum that when uninstalling the PMDG 747-400X for whatever reason, it also takes with it the TCAS2v7.dll file which is needed by other addons and in particular the LDS 767. The only way to get the file back it seems is to do a re-install of the affected aircraft. One of the Admin group from the Level D forum states that he has sent a message asking them, "PMDG", to correct their uninstaller. My question is, has this been rectified yet?Thanks.Graham.

Guest Temp

Thanks for getting back Robert.I'm sorry you felt that my post made it sound unfriendly but I was in fact quoting what Wade said himself almost word for word on the Level D forum to the members there. I simply wanted to know from yourselves whether the problem had been fixed yet. No harm intended.Best regards.Graham.

Yes, I have both and read the message. It was said more matter of fact than anything, whilst it may have come across as a serious message I don`t think that was the intention. Daryl has to make it an official announcement so it just sounds that way. I`ve seen him 'having a go' and I definitely do not think this is one of them.I must say, hats off to PMDG on this subject. They were already dealing with it and have acknowledged it. These overlaps can and do happen with all the best good will and intention in the world.Go get it Graham, you will not regret buying her. Both PMDG and Level D represent a quality and service level for others to look up to. You`ll get a lot of enjoyment and total back up too.Reider