Sign in to follow this  
KevMac

747X using Vista 64

Just wondering if anyone could share their experiences with the 747X using Visa 64?thanks!Kevin

Visa 64? I use Mastercard :D.Even though I don't have the answer to that just yet, my holiday "spare time" project is the purchase of a 750GB hard disk, 8GB of RAM and Vista 64 to run on my Q6600 machine. That way, I can fulfill my dream of running five instances of Visual Studio 2008 concurrently as well as FSX (unfortunately, FS2004 and ESP won't run together with FSX, as they share the same class name).I will most likely blog my results as this is a "side project" :).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

It runs fine, I've tried it... (well, "fine" is a relative term for gaming on Vista, but I didn't see any issues specifically related to it being x64 or anything.)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Little off subject, I'm sending my daughter to Europe next summer and was wondering if MasterCard is widely accepted (She's visiting Germany and the others (UK Fr It CH etc.)). When I was there last century it was either American Express or Visa. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Kevin,The 744X doesn't care what OS you use, nor will it not run because you're using the 64-bit version of Vista. The main consideration for running FSX in Vista is to install the program to a folder outside of the Program Files (x86), Program Files or ProgramData directories. There's too much OS protection going on in those folders to effectively install, configure and adjust files as needed.And turn off UAC, virus scanners and Windows Defender before attempting to install. The installation will run smoother and be less troublesome in the end. Regards,Jim Karn

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. Lefteris, I look forward to your report and will monitor your blog.thanks!Kevin

Dan,Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted in Europe in general (Sweden and Scandinavian countries in particular). AmEx is not as well accepted as the fees for the retailers are higher than for MC and Visa.She should take some time to visit the northern parts of Europe as well. It is time well spent. Cheers,

Guest D17S

Vista 64 accepted here, but I got a 4 gig limit on mine. I'm constantly pushing that credit limit. Those spendthrift kids, FSX/744X are running it well into the 3 gig area while taking the new QuadBox on low level runs down Rodeo Dr. I'm Seriously thinking 'bout adding 4 more. Ya think they'll appreciate it? Not a chance, but I'll bet they'll use it.

I am running an HP Q6700 Quad Duo at 2.66 GHz, Vista 64, 4 Gigs of RAM with a LG 22 inch flat screen at 1680 resolution. I loaded up the PMDG 747X this morning and took her for a spin around KIAD. I have not done anything to the system in terms of "fine tuning" and she ran fine from the initial install to landing. I am very impressed with the 74. Good job PMDG guys!

Mats: I agree, thanks for the sideline feedback.

Dan Downs KCRP

747X running fine on Vista 64 well even during longer trips with high settings with addon scenery. No probs and no OoM-s.Matyas Majzik

Guest Chris1973

I run Vista 64 on a Q6600/8800GT system and have a screen problem when loading a saved flight - after loading, the whole screen is black. I have to hit ALT-ENTER two times in order to get a full screen display. I don't know if Vista 64, nVidia, FSX or the add-on.

Hi, just wondering that is it necessary to format the hard drive in order to install Vista 64.... or I can just install this as if I am updating from window XP home to Vista home... thanks,ben

The only way to go from a 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS is to format the hard drive.Regards,Jim Karn