Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigzig

747X stopps during loading airac / runways etc.

Guest bigzig

Hi!I have FSX, SP1, FSUIPC, XPPro and - I looked for - the new 747X installed. I've installed too the newest airac from navdata.Well, I can see the PMDG-aircraft in the fsx-menu, but when I choose one of them, it starts loading, then the window for the navdata-loading appears and then - well, then it's over. The folling error message is in german "Schwerwiegender Fehler", no more info.I've looked f

Open the FSX.cfg file (located in Documents and Settings...Application DataMicrosoftFSX where ... is your user name) with a text editor. Under [uSERINTERFACE] you'll find a line starting with "SITUATION=" Try deleting the rest of the line AFTER the = then try restarting FSX. It should load the default Ultralight flight.This will work if your problem is the 744X is set as default flight. PMDG has a fix for this but until the next SP comes out we can't make the 744X a default flight that loads when starting FSX.If this is not your problem then these steps will not hurt anything.Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest bigzig

It's sad - but that wasn't the reason.FSX starts normally. PMDG is not the startflight. I go to the selection "Select aircrafts" I can chose any other aircraft (747 Standard too), and I can see the installed PMDG aircrafts.But after clicking on one of them, the window "Airac database loading....". Sometimes it goes till "loading runways..:".Former I could see it, when something was loading (the grid is moving). But this time nothing moves - and then the MS-Window appears again: "Schwerwiegender Fehler..."It's very sad, another boring weekend......I try to do all other attemps with help of the PMDG-FOrum-TIpps, but I'm afraid, nothing works....Sad greeting from Martin

Guest bigzig

Here's another information due to the described failure:If I try to load the PMDG 747X direct after starting the FSX with click on the pictured button, my HDD is working for seconds, then the window "Airac database loading....." appears, it shows "Loading rundways...", but the load-marker doesn't move. And, after more 20 seconds, the failure message "Schwerwiegender Fehler" appears again. Game over !! (New Airac 0712 installed)And here another situation: I've selected something from acceleration (f.e. jet-training). After crashing the aircraft (Hornet) into the water and ending this session, I tried to load the PMDG - and first I thought it will work. The message didn't come, anything was loading and then: a black screen appears. Changing the view (ALT+Return), the screen keeps black, but the initial picture (selecting screen) of the PMDG is shown, turning around and ready to be selected.And here the next wonder: All the described problems result from the trying to use the PMDG 747X. Now wonder (!!!!!): The first time I tried to load the 747F(reight) -X - what do you think? IT works (nearly)!! But no function on the panels, no switch working, no checklist can be worked.Its also not possible, make the view the whole screen, ALT+RETURN only shows the small view of the initial selection page.And using the hat button on my choke, you can here changing the engine sounds...Ending the flight via Menue doesn't stop the flight - only parts of the main menue appear (only in grey everything) and the sound of the flight is going on. I have to kill the FSX to make a complete end.What is wrong with this damned aircraft !!!!!!!!!Can anyone imagine, what this can be?????

Martin,This is a shot from the hip but as it appears you have a German language OS you might want to check you have a '.' (dot) assigned as your "Decimal Symbol" in "Regional and Language Settings" in the "Control panel" (Do not know the German names of those controls I'm afraid.)From the last post it sounds moer like a video driver issue or something similar. I am sorry I can't be of more help. I have not seen anyone with similar problems on the forum as of late. You might wanna send an email to support and see if they can help you. Be sure you get an automated answer that your email has been received by PMDG.Hope it helps

Guest captbdel

I have the same problem in UK when selecting to use B747-400 PDMG from the default error is when loading AIRAC cycle.I've re-installed FSX with only FSX SP2 Accelerator, PDMG 747-400 and I love to fly FSX but theit's driving me crazy.FSX SP2FSX PDMG 747XFSUIPC4Any help:Brian - Capt Bdel