Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

Airbus Engines

Most of them are of two types: CFM56-5A and the IAE V2500. I believe the CFM ones are more common. I agree with the sound you are talking about. It's quite distinct from other aircraft.

yep,the cfm's are moe common,but they're older,so they will disappeard as times goes by

Yeah, you can really hear the fans on those engines!Gary

Guest Joshieca

Thanks guys! I was just wondering. My family thinks I am nuts because everytime I hear that engine, I say, there goes another Airbus. :)

The CFM's make that whine. The IAE's sound more like pushing air. Is that a sound???? I don't know. I too can tell when and Airbus is flying overhead.My family thinks I'm nuts cuz anytime a plane flies over I'll tell em what it is, what airline, what kind of engines, airline code, most of the times i can tell em the speed, and altitude.I've been spotting for so long. It just comes to me.

Guest 727Fan

Well then, what is the engine type for the America West A-319?When I see them, they have the distinctive Rolls Royce engine nacelle so I naturally assumed they were RR. Maybe not?Rick