Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dr_Watson08

747 FS9 localiser alignment problem

Guest Dr_Watson08

I have a problem with FS9 and the localiser alignment. When I enter the ILS and press APP and LOC, the aircraft flies down the centreline about 50ft off to the side. The needle is also off to the side. The aircraft will adjust to hold the needle a little off centre resulting in an autoland on the grass. It used to work but I am not sure when this problem started. I don't play with AFCADs, I'm not sure what they are! I searched many forums and found a few suggestions which I have tried with no luck. I re-installed the 747, I also replaced a files which was mentioned a few times (mvgrtv.? or something like that?).I could re-install FS9 but with UT, AS, Global mesh etc it takes a week and I really want to avoid if possible.I have this problem at every airport with ILS, disabling all addon scenery does not help. LD767 works, Project Fokker works, I have not tested the PMDG 737 to see if it has the same problem.Anybody any idea how to fix it? It is fun landing by hand but a few 1/8 vis landings with this problem is a little scary!ThanksIain

Iain,Have you checked you have a '.' (dot) as the decimal symbol in Regional and Language Settings and not a ',' (comma)?Hope it helps,

Guest Dr_Watson08

Where would I find that option exactly. I have international settings where you set long and lat, US feet etc, can't find the language settings etc.ThanksIain

Iain,In XP it is the 'Regional and Language Settings' in the classic 'Control Panel'. Click the tab 'Regional Options' and click on the button 'Customize'. Do not know for Vista.Looks like you're in the right place though...Hope it helps,

Guest Dr_Watson08

Ok, I found it, didn't realise you meant in XP, not FS9.I have 3 tabs options, Regional, Language, Advanced.Inside regional is number, currency, time, date. I changed any comma's to dots. Inside the other options is not much really!Will test it and see what happens.ThanksIain

Guest Dr_Watson08

I've just tested it and I still have the problem. Not sure if the error is as much as before, now I land on the very edge of the runway instead of just off it. I tested at KDEN in clear weather. I also tested the PMDG 737 and it has the same problem.I will double check the LD 767 but I am sure it is fine as I landed at Tenerife in full autoland yesterday. I'm not sure of the thinking behind the regional settings, any other idea's I can try.ThanksIainhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181761.jpg

Iain,Do you have any addon scenery that might have messed with FS's magnetic variation information? Some do and it can cause this type of issue? Any scenery anywhere in the world can do it - it doesn't have to be the airport you're landing at.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

IainI had a similar problem a few months ago. Needed a 747 uninstall/re-install to fix it. It might be worth checking that everything is uninstalled before starting again.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest Dr_Watson08

I will re-install the 747 again and disable scenery.Like I said, I don't have much addon scenery, Global Mesh and GE Pro. I doubt it is my Euroharmony Livery causing any problems.ThanksIain

Guest ajaaron

I am also having the same problem.

did anyone find a solution to this prob that worked?

Sure, several recent threads address it.Do you have this problem, or are you just curious?Please sign with your real name here, you'll make a lot more friends and it's one of the conditions for use.

Dan Downs KCRP

Trying it now. Will let you know by tomorrow how it works outThanksAnson