Sign in to follow this  
Guest cypilots

PMDG 747-400 Nav Radios.

Guest cypilots

I am having a problem trying tolocate the nav radios, I can access the Com radios ok but not the Nav radios. I realise that I could use the FMC but how do I initiate the radios so that I can enter for instance ILS readings manually. I have RTM but cant find any reference to this problem. John.

John,Your only access to the NAV radios is through the FMC. See chapter 12 page 14 for information on the system. You enter nav stations with either their name or their frequency to manually tune a station. For ILS the input format is XXX.XX/YYY where XXX.XX is the frequency and YYY is the course. Be aware the the ILS receiver is separate from the COM 1 and COM 2 receivers.Hope it helps,