Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

PMDG NGX also for FS9?

Hi PMDG-Team,are you planning to release your upcoming NG-X aircarft series for both FS9 and FSX? I really hope to see some screenshots soon.Regards,Marius

Marius:Robert posted on this topic a few months ago when he revised the previously resolute PMDG position that the MD-11 would only be released for FSX. He stated that the MD-11 would definitely be a 2 platform release, and that most likely the NGX would be also. He did reserve wiggle room by saying that if the market had dramatically shifted towards FSX, they may release NGX as FSX only.After this latest release (400X) I think a two platform release would now be even more likely. If in the middle of all this FS-11 is released (as most of us are hoping for) that will only complicate matters further.Either way, the next few months will be tumultous as FSX still has significant residual performance issues over a year after release, and FS9 is still being utilized by many. ACES has released its committed 2 upgrades for this platform, and if I am reading their postings correctly, are attempting to move towards FS-11. FSX may very well go the way of FS2000. That said, if FS-11 is as successful as FS9- we will all eventually be satisfied. At some point MS and ACES will have to completly abandon legacy support (FSX being a partial transition) and take a bold step forward- perhaps the FSX product was market preparation for that move?It is important to note that FSX is an undeniably technologically superior product- it just has more baggage than most are prepared or equipped to handle.Any aircraft developer, especially one like PMDG who attempts comprehensive and accurate systems modeling, would probably be better served by a 3-4 year MSFS product cycle.......just one opinion.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

We are planning a dual platform release for the NG 2.0 (which is what it'll be called we think, since "NGX" no longer describes it accurately...)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

VERY GOOD NEWS! FS9 Baby!!! :-)

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Excellent news Ryan! Many thanks! Part of me wishes I could unstick myself from FS9- but until performance improves even further (Nehalem Quad maybe), SB4 and BA ACARS work with FSX, and an Active Camera replacement is released, I will find myself loading up FS9- and LIKING it on a e6850 w/ 8800GT, in RAID 0 ;).Team- In your discussions with Aces, are they drawing close to finality with FSX or are they suggesting future updates to better fix the issues (non Vista)and further offset processing to the second (third and fourth) core? A pipe dream at the FSX level, or potentially forthcoming?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest Joss

This is amazing!!!! I can't wait for the FS9 version!! hope you guys keep your word :)

Excellent news!!!I'm impatient to see some screenshots and further information, hope it won't take long!Thanks PMDG team.OnurLTBA

great, count me in as I have abandoned FSX

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest ouzopower

Excellent news indeed!I tried and have given up on FSX.Cheers!Tony

Guys - before getting too excited, just bare in mind this quote from Carl's reply..

"He stated that the MD-11 would definitely be a 2 platform release, and that most likely the NGX would be also. He did reserve wiggle room by saying that if the market had dramatically shifted towards FSX, they may release NGX as FSX only"
..in other words it's not a promise at this stage, it's just a draft plan.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Great news! Just one last question: would you have any idea WHEN it will be released?If TEAM is developing something so good as 747X (and I have no doubt about it!) I'm sure it will be a success!!!Thank you all.RegardsSchmid