Sign in to follow this  
Guest swadeep

PMDG 747...xp pro sp2 64 bit...blank pfd...

Guest swadeep

Hi guys. Would really appreciate some help please.PMDG has always run fine for me and i love the product. However i just formatted my computer yesterday from xp pro sp2 32 bit to 64 bit but there is a problem now which never happened before. I load the plane up and it starts with engines running which is fine. the screen shows up and everything. Now i shut the engines down and after a while pfd goes blank which is again normal but when i click on ext power and/or switch apu i can hear sound but the pfd dont show up now..it remains blank just like this. only the fmc shows up. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2-3 times but still it does not work. please help...look forward to hearing from you soon.

What is XP Pro SP2 64 bit?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest swadeep

>What is XP Pro SP2 64 bit?Windows XP Professional 64 bit with Service Pack 2

(Please post using your real name)We have no in-house experience with XP 64bit. If it's anything like Vista 64, however, you'd have much more luck if you installed FSX outside the protected "Program Files" folder, i.e. in a folder of its own somewhere... (my installation usually is on g:FSX).Reason for that is that Vista (and I am only assuming XP64) has a stricter protection scheme enforced for applications that are installed under Program Files.You could also try installing everything 'as administrator' and share your findings with the rest of us.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest swadeep

>(Please post using your real name)>>We have no in-house experience with XP 64bit. If it's anything>like Vista 64, however, you'd have much more luck if you>installed FSX outside the protected "Program Files" folder,>i.e. in a folder of its own somewhere... (my installation>usually is on g:FSX).>>Reason for that is that Vista (and I am only assuming XP64)>has a stricter protection scheme enforced for applications>that are installed under Program Files.>>You could also try installing everything 'as administrator'>and share your findings with the rest of us.Hi. I see what you mean. I have used vista before and i know what you are talking about. But this is windows xp you know except it is 64 bit not 32 bits so it should work fine. i don't know what is wrong. i am gonna try this then.Right click on installation file and click run as:By default it chose current user/administrator. I could either untick the "run this program with restricted access". But it should not make any difference you know cos otherwise i would not have been able to install it in the first place. I am sad now. No PMDG is just bad. Swadeep Chansrichavala

Guest swadeep

Hi. i tried it already and unfortunately it still does not work :( Anybody else got any ideas??

Have you tried different drivers? Unfortunatly, 64 bit carries with it the unknown. There isn't a great deal of benifit running 64 bit unless your trying to take advantage of extra ram. If I were you, I would stick to 32bit if you want less hassels.

Guest swadeep

I am thinking formatting back to 32 bit too..what do u mean take adv of extra ram...i have 4gb ram but under 32 bit when i click control panel and system it shows that i only have 2gb but the guy told me the com will still run 4gb ram....but then my fs settings are max..and many time error come sup towards end of flight ran out of available memeroy..but on 64 bit the system says 4gb ram....u think i shud still go back to 32 bit? pls let me know..thanks

Don't forget to sign your name to your posts.You should be able to get XP32bit to recognize 3.5gig of ram but you have to do some tweaking in the registry and possibly the bios. Here is an article from microsoft about it. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;308417Also, you will get better performance (at least I have) if you run ram in matched pairs, eg.(2)1 gig sticks and keep the other slots empty or neutral. So you would put one stick in slot 1 and one stick in slot 3. Filling all the slots up has an impact on the performance(again, from my own experience).So as far as getting better bang for your buck, I think you are better of with 2gig of really good ram as apposed to 4.(In my opinion)It sounds like your system is not recognizing some of your ram. You may want to eliminate the possibility of bad ram or ram slots as well by taking them out and replacing them one at a time.Please don't think that I'm an expert, because I'm not. I can just tell you what I've experienced.Hope that helps.