Sign in to follow this  
cniedzi

FMC and arrival rwys questions

Hi,I have got 2 questions concerning PMDG 747X flying.1. Lets assume I have flown all flightplan with FMC and I have not landed on destination airport and I did not do the mis. approach. The FMC says the route has finished. I would like then to fly to any other airport and to choose specific arrival procedure. I was trying on my own, but the FMC was still saying "PROGRAM ERROR". What I have to do?2. How can I find out about active arrival runway on destination airport, suitably early to have a chance to set FMC with right arrival procedure. In default FSX allows me to find out about 20-30 nm from airport tower, but I thing it is to late for me.RegardsCzarek

Guest Scousefox9

Hi Czarek,1.) I think something like this has happened to me before, try deleting the entries for departure and destination and/or either put in the new airport for both or just for arrival and the airport you originally intended to land at for departure. You could also use RTE 2 instead I guess.2.) If you were flying on VATSIM you could probably receive APP or TWR ATIS a lot sooner than 20-30 nm. Alternatively, if you knew the surface winds or even if you used the current wind direction, you can work out the active runway by looking at the runways that exist and seeing which runway is closer to the wind direction. E.g. if I had either 23 or 05, and wind was 30007KT, I would know that I wanted to land on rwy 23. Current wind direction shouldn't be much different from surface winds.Hope this answers your questions.