Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X VOR Needle Problem

Guest Scousefox9

Hey,I don't seem to be able to get the green VOR needle to point to the VOR or the CDI needle to show at all. The ADF needle functions properly. There only time I got it working was somewhere near to Alicante where I got the needles for a brief time, but loc did not engage upon intercepting the course and so the plane remained on HDG SEL.I've included a screenshot just incase I'm doing something wrong. In this example I tuned to a random VOR and entered a random course to demonstrate. I have read somewhere that FSInn can cause this, but I don't know whether that is true. I have FSCopilot and FSInn installed, with no addon scenery or aircraft besides 747X.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181791.jpgI'd appreciate your help guys.

Liam... The magenta VOR deviation bar should not appear unless you are in range of the station. Neither should the green pointer.I'm not sure why your CDU is showing "R" next to the frequency. If anything, it should be showing "M" for manual tune.Cheers.Q> イアン

Q-it's showing 'R' because it's a VOR that also happens to be part of his active route.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Scousefox9

Well gentlemen, as you can see I'm 5.9 NMs away from it... Which would surely constitue as "within range". I did find that removing FSInn and FSCopilot allowed me to receive the needles. So clearly the problem is with them; I won't bother contacting them, but maybe I could wait until SB4 is released and hopefully that will be ok.I know it's not PMDG's fault that the developers of FSInn and FSCopilot are incompotent but if you can do anything to help solve a problem they have caused then I would be very greateful.

Guest Scousefox9

LOC mode does not engage from standby on the FMA upon intercepting the course. Any ideas?

"it's showing 'R' because it's a VOR that also happens to be part of his active route."My theory is a little rusty, Lefteris, but wouldn't a manually entered frequency override Route tuning?I did assume, originally, however, that Liam "randomly" tuned a frequency (rather than specifically tuned a local station).BTW, I recall that on the real aircraft, during Autotuning, the deviation bar is not active. It suspect it may be the same for Route tuning (as this is a type of autotuning).ALSO, during Autotuning, the station may not be used if it is TOO close to the aircraft (the aircraft may be in the "cone of confusion"). According to the Bulfer manual, if the FMC is using older software, during DME-DME updating (not sure about route tuning), stations closer than 9nm are ignored. In later versions, the FMC assigns a level of accuracy to stations closer than 9nm.I think we need more information here (from user, Honeywell and programmer) :) (Edit) If the ground station is a DME only station (no VOR data), I'm not sure if this can be used for Route tuning (further confusion ensues...).Cheers.Q> イアン

Liam,The FSInn issue has been discussed here ad nauseam. Do an advanced search using FSInn and you'll see.I would suggest switching to SB3. That will solve all your VOR woes.Hope it helps,

Guest Scousefox9

Exactly, that's why I mentioned above about waiting for SB4.LOC problem is occuring AFTER I uninstalled FSInn and FSCopilot.

Ahhh....Sorry guys... Didn't connect the brain before typing. :-eekOk. SB4 it is then... whenever it arrives... ;-)Cheers,

Can you check if disabling NAV radios in FSCopilot/FSInn would help you in your issues?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Scousefox9

Lefteris, I have uninstalled FSCopilot and FSInn now so I cannot, but it is still occuring with them no longer installed. I have also more recently uninstalled FSUIPC and removed it from the DLL file. I will check to see if this makes any difference.Thanks for the suggestion though.EDIT: No, I am still unable to establish on a VOR Radial. Can you suggest anything as to why this might be?

Guest Scousefox9

Actually I've just remembered it has to be done via the FMC because there's no NAV tracking function. Looks like I can reinstall FSInn an try Lefteris' tip. BTW, how do I disable NAV radios in FSInn?

Guest Scousefox9

Lefteris, I found your post explaining how to disable radios in FSInn but sadly it does not solve the problem and I still cannot get needles with FSInn installed. I also saw where they were suggesting it was PMDG's fault, which made me chuckle. I guess that was one angry day huh :(.

Guest Scousefox9

Hey, I found the following link which may help others to receive VOR needles once again:http://www.mcdu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...edle+pmdg+commaI haven't tried it myself yet but they seem to be unanimous in thinking that it works. Apparently when in the game, you just disable (in the FSCopilot settings menu) GPWS all the way down to Metrics (10 things). Restart FSX or change aircraft then back to PMDG and it should work.I'll reply when I have had a chance to try it personally.