Sign in to follow this  
Guest zsoltszivak744

Weather Radar???

Guest zsoltszivak744

Hello everyone, I know this has been discussed before but I am wondering if a weather radar is in the making perhaps in the near future. If I remember correctly PMDG had some issues with this earlier. Anyway does anyone know if there is an addon version which I could use with the 747-400? Would really add to the experience.Thanks in advance: Zsolt

Microsoft is needs to design a simulator with a lot better weather before we'll see anything like this. I'd love to have realistic winds first, which seems to be beyond their technical abilities.

Dan Downs KCRP

>I'd love to have>realistic winds first, which seems to be beyond their>technical abilities.Very important points. We still don't have realistic visibility not to mention winds, temperatures or pressures and some want weather radar (!!!). At the moment we are stuck at the kindergarten level as far as the weather rendering is concerned. Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest Eek

>Hello everyone,> I know this has been discussed before but I am wondering if a>weather radar is in the making perhaps in the near future. If>I remember correctly PMDG had some issues with this earlier.>Anyway does anyone know if there is an addon version which I>could use with the 747-400? Would really add to the>experience.>Thanks in advance: >ZsoltI use the RealityXP WX500http://www.reality-xp.com/products/WX5/index.htmIt appears to only work with WinXP and FS9 (you didn't mention your OS and FS version), but it's only 20 bucks.There's also a radar included with Active Sky.http://www.hifisim.com/ASX is for FSX and version 6.5 is for FS9.The Reality XP works well, I never fly without it. I've only tried the Active Sky version to see how it works, and it appears to work just as well.I went with Reality XP because at the time, it was the only radar available. If I were starting from scratch now, I'd get the Active Sky for the radar and all the other great features it has.I highly recommend either.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9 on WinXPPro (SP1)

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thanks for the input gents, I guess we'll be waiting for a bit.Regards: Zsolt

>>I'd love to have>>realistic winds first, which seems to be beyond their>>technical abilities.>>Very important points. We still don't have realistic>visibility not to mention winds, temperatures or pressures and>some want weather radar (!!!). At the moment we are stuck at>the kindergarten level as far as the weather rendering is>concerned. >>Michael J.Some issues like this was widely disscussed before on this forum. Issues like what can or cannot be done by PMDG team. I appreciate very much all the work that was done so far by PMDG team but... If they claim they cannot simulate something due to some FS9/FSX "limitations" it does not necessarily mean that it cannot be simulate at all. Some other developer can do the job. Nobody expect from PMDG products like ActiveSky or something. There are guys good with designing planes and guys good with designing other add-ons. However, in my humble opinion there should be some kind of cooperation between them, then one day we could see nice weather radar in 747 cockpit :-)I also remember one discussion when PMDG team claimed that they could not implement into their superb B747 dynamic wing flex during take-off roll due to some FS9 limitations. I believed in these limitations until the day I saw beautiful and smooth take-off roll wing flex implemented into B777 by Wilco (or maybe it was by PSS)... :-)Gregory Grzesiaczynsky