Sign in to follow this  
jeff_lfbz

737 NG Soft Autopilot Disconnect.

Hello guys.I fly the 737 NG for about two years and the 744 since he came out.I've a question about the autopilot disconnect procedure on the 737.On both 744 et 737, the procedure are the same. The first push of the Autopilot Disc P/B on the yoke disconnect the autopilot and the second push cancel the warnings (cavalry charge + red "autopilot disconnect" on EICAS for 744 and cavalry charge + red "autopilot" flash light on the panel for the 737).On the 744, using the KEYBOARD menu and the "soft autopilot disconnect" this procedure is well reproduced (excepted that in the real one, the cavalry charge will sound at least three times, whatever the second push is close the first one), but on the 737, I didn't found this SOFT AUTOPILOT DISCONNET assignation so I use the Z function, but this one lowered the AP DISC BAR on the MCP, and the second press of Z uppered the bar, but don't cancel the red flash light.Same problem for the autothrottle soft disconnection.Maybe i've missed an update or a little addon so is it possible to have the correct behavior of the soft autopilot/autothrottle disconnect P/B reproduced on the 737 NG ?Thanks for your replies, and congratulations to the PMDG team for those two great addons ;)

Guest Erups

Never operated a real 737NG, but i don't remember any SOFT disconnect procedure for the PMDG.You have to cancel the warnings manually.Or just re-enable the A/P.

Not sure I know what you mean by a soft Autopilot disconnect. There's no such term that I know of in real world NG flying. The NG autopilot will disconnect compleately when any one of the autopilot disengagement criteria are met, and that list is long.John F.