Sign in to follow this  
Guest xxgunnerxx

Wind Data from FSbuild

Guest xxgunnerxx

Hi, I just acquired FSBuild and I'm playing around with it to see how it works. I am able to export the flightplan that I create to my PMDG 744. I also have Active Sky 6 which FSBuild uses in order to get the wind data for each fix. However when I load the exported flight plan I do not see any wind data in the FMC for each fix. Am I doing something wrong because the points are all entered but not the winds....Thanks,Igor.

Igor,You need to point FSBuild towards the ASV folder where the wx file resides. It's in the FSBuild settings somewhere. Oh and make sure you have version 2.3 at least.Hope it helps,

Guest xxgunnerxx

I did do that, so every time FSBuild builds a flight plan, each waypoint already has the wind data calculated along with it, its just that when I export it to the PMDG FMC, everything is there other than the wind values. I also have the latest FSBuild, which is 2.3.Thanks,Igor.

Igor,The wind data is not automatically added to the FMC. You have to manually enter it after loading the flight plan. Oh and remember you can only add winds to waypoints at cruise i.e. adding winds to climb and descent waypoints is not allowed (real world inhibit).Hope it helps,

Guest xxgunnerxx

Ah that's unfortunate, I guess I'll have to do it manually. Thanks for your help!Igor

Igor,Just to let you know, if you're inputting the wind data so you have an accurate fuel load, you can just use FSBuild. After you enter the flight plan and aircraft weights, the FSBuild flight plan will also include the required fuel information. I've always landed with roughly 15 tonnes of fuel left using those numbers.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png