Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

How do we save a Flight Plan in the FMC?

Guest cliffie1931

I can't figure out how to save Flight Plans that I've entered into the FMCThe Manual states that ..."Once entered, routes can also be saved and recalled in the future as company routes."However I'm unable to work out HOW to save them.Guidance would be appreciated.Cliff

To copy the plan just go back to the route page and bottom left there should be a 'copy' or similar word there ,just click the button next to it and thats it.regards Jim

Guest cliffie1931

Jim I'm almost there but not quite..............The Flight Plan is LEAL (Alicante) to EGLL (Heathrow. After saving I try to enter it as the Company Route but I'm advised that it's "Not in Database.Believing that there should be nine digits I tried entering the flight as EALGLL001. "Not in Data base"Then I tried LEALEGLL001. "Not in Datbase"Please.....what is the correct way to enter the Plan?Regards,Cliff

Hi Cliff I assumed probably incorrectly that you were using the 747.With the 747 pressing 'rte copy' automatically names the route LEALEGLL001 which you then use for future co- routes.Sorry , but I don't have the 737 which I assume is different for rte copying.regards Jim

Guest cliffie1931

Mea culpa Jim. At the outset I should have given the basic info that I'm flying the new 747-400 under Vista.Unfortunately, when I enter LEALEGLL001, I still get the "Not in Database" message. I don't think that Vista is the problem as I don't encounter it when entering any of the already prepared PMDG Flight Plans.Any other ideas?Regards..............Cliff

Hi Cliff if you go into your fs9 pmdg 747 main folder and open 'flightplans' is the LEALEGLL001.rte there, probably near the bottom of the list?Unfortunately I am far from expert on anything connected with computers!!so hopefully someone else will chip in.regards Jim

Guest cliffie1931

Nope Jim, I'd already checked there.However I do thank you for trying to be so helpful. I think I'll ask PMDG direct.With my regards,Cliff

I have the same issue. Strange thing is, I can't even find a 'flights' folder. Not even the PMDG flights.Steve Ark