Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

FS9 with FSX unifier update CTD on load

I don't have FSX but possibly against my better judgementI decided to take advantage of the discount for prior customers and get the 747400X thinking that at least I would have the FS9 updates for now. However, after updating my FS9 747 400 with the FSX unifier update I now get a CTD on load. I tested my FS9 747 just prior to applying the update and the PMDG 747 loaded normally. Now to rub salt into the wound after uninstalling the update (using the PMDG uninstaller) my FS9 747 no longer installs properly - lower half of the 2D panel is blank and there is no VC. My OS is winXP. Any suggestions appreciated.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I know this query relates to FS9 when there are so many pressing FSX issues but doesn't anyone have a suggestion on what is causing this problem? I have been able to recover my original FS9 747 by reloading the universal update but that still leaves me with not much to show for my 40 AUD investment.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Still no suggestions on this problem. Surely someone must some idea? What is happening is that the the panel appears and the navdata starts to load but FS then freezes, the hard disk goes berserk and and you get that friendly message from MS that FS has had a problem and needs to close. Revert back to original FS9 (after a full reinstall just using the uninstall that comes with the install package doesn't work properly) things are back to normal. Grateful for some light on this hassle as at present I don't have FSX and the only benefit I get from this expensive addon (even at 50% off) is the FS9 enhancement which as things stand I can't use.ThanksBruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Your not the only one with this problem. Still nothing from PMDG as yet for a fix?Gary

Re installing the latest fsuipc fixed it for me. Thanks RyanGary

In my case I have v 3.75 which is the latest fsuipc release version (I also tried the latest beta version 3.769 but that didn't help). As for other addons well where do I start? I have most of them, FSNav, ASV6, RC, LD 767, GE Pro, FS2 crew, AC, W&F, RXP, TrackIR etc etc a suggestion on possible suspects would be appreciated if indeed this is what is causing the crash. However I have no problems with the PMDG 747 without the FSX unifier, it is only after I install the unifier that the 747 load fails during the navdata update. Even at 50% off this addon has cost me 51 Australian dollars making it one of my more expensive FS purchasers so I would really like to get to the bottom of this as I wont be able to use the FSX version until later in the year when I expect to update my system. Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Do any of you guys having this problem by chance have the 747 set as your default aircraft in FS?Try loading the C172 first, then switching to the 744 - does the issue still occur?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Again in my case I don't have the 747 as the default flight and I always load the default C172 before loading the PMDG 747. Thanks.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Guest Oz747

I start with the default Cessna and I still get CTD with the Unifier update installed. The error states the problem is:The following information is part of the event: fs9.exe, 9.1.0.40901, pmdg_747400_main.gau, 1.2.0.1200, 00013bf7.Dan

Thanks for the post but I don't have the 400F, lets hope the developers can come up with something.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

OK it has now been five weeks since I first raised this issue in this thread and as followed up in a couple of others. Thank you to those fellow simmers who have offered suggestions. However, I am much less impressed by the lack of assistance from the developers and my patience on this matter is starting to wear a bit thin. As things stand it would seem that the only way you can get the FSX unifier to work in FS9 is to have the 747400F installed. I would be very grateful if the developers could at least confirm that this is the case. Alternatively is there any one out there who doesn't have FSX and doesn't have the 747400F installed who has got the FSX unifier to work?Thank you.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Bruce,We don't know why it's happening. It's very hard for us to troubleshoot when it's just one person or a small few having a crash problem like this. Even right here in this thread, one of my suggestions solved the problem for one user, but not for you. How do we know it's even the same issue then, if you see what I mean?I will ask the programmer members of the team about this specifically on our internal discussion list, but I'm sure they're going to say they can't do anything about a crash that we can't reproduce here for ourselves. You can't debug things that you can't watch happening in the debugger.Have you tried a complete reinstall of the 744 in FS9? That may be worth trying if not. Uninstall from Add/Remove and then manually remove the PMDG folder and the PMDG files from the Modules folder. Then reinstall and apply the Unifier update.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you but I did a complete reinstall of the FS9 747 and it made no difference(had to do this in order to get the FS9 version to work again as the FSX unifier uninstaller didn't work properly - after further unsuccessful attempts to get the unifier to work I then discovered that you only had to apply the universal update to get the FS9 version up again). But I repeat my question do you need to have the 747400F installed to get the unifier to work as has been suggested by others? If yes I am snookered as I certainly won't spend another 50 Australian dollars on this thing! If no then at least there may be some hope when I upgrade my system some time this year.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett