Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dr_Watson08

747 uninstall/install problems with FS9

Guest Dr_Watson08

I am trying to unistall the 747 and 737 then re-install again to fix a problem with my ILS.I uninstalled both products from the "add remove software". I then rebooted and tried installing 747 first. I get the error message saying the version I am trying to install is older than the current version, please uninstall first. I can see the pmdg 747 is still listed in "add remove software" so I run the remove program again but now I get "setup has encountered a problem" and it closes. I looked in my aircraft folder in FS9 and PMDG 747 is still there. I start the game but the aircraft is not in the aircraft list in the game.It seems to have only partially uninstalled. I deleted the folder from the aircraft folder but its still the same.What is the best method to manually remove the 747. I searched regedit for PMDG to see what was there and there was nothing.Any help is appreciated.Iain

Hi IainThere is a detailed explaination of what you are trying to do on the PMDG website under PMDG OPS. The article is too large to reproduce here. But if you go to PMDG OPs then look at PMDG 747-400 / 747-400F FAQ (FS9) then item 1.5 should help you out. There are reams of data there, regarding all models,not sure if the partial uninstall will interfere with the information there, but just a thought, if you are using windows xp, you may be able to use system restore to a date before you uninstalled anything then with the system as it was, then follow the PMDG OPS procedure.hope this helpsregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Dr_Watson08

HiI restored my PC to a few days before I had any problems. I ran FS9 but there is no PMDG 747. I checked the FS9 folder and can see the aircraft seems to be installed but when I run the game it is not available to choose.I can't uninstall it, I get the same error. I cant install again at it says a newer version is present.The PMDG OPS has a lot of info but nothing seems to specifically help with my problemAny suggestions. I have a funny feeling a re-install of FS9 won't fix the problem.ThanksIain

Hi againSorry I do not know how to help you with this strange problem, I did read on the PMDG site that there is a proper sequence of re-installing their products, and I think that it is important that the 737 series is installed first or you will have problems, and your first post says that you tried to install the 747 first. This could be relevant, not sure though. If you want me to check any of my computer folders for anything that you may think may help, I have both the 737 series and the 747 series, and would be happy to compare my folders to yours don't think thats breasking any PMDG rules. Failing that, if you do not get any other help on here think you should shoot off a mail to the technical support address and hope that they can help. If you do that, there is an auto response mail that comes back to check that their mail system will reach your machine as there have been reports of some ISP systems sending PMDG mails as junk or simply blocked.sorry I cant help further, but do ask if you want to compare files.best regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Dr_Watson08

I will dry the 737 first then the 747 and see what happens.I doubt comparing files and folders will help. I think it's something in the registry isnt cleared properly. I will take up your offer at a later date prehaps.I will write to the tech support team also. ThanksIain